Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Garden waste bin

We discovered our garden waste bin ( for which we pay £48 pa) has lost one of the plastic bits that keeps the hinge attached .
I asked the bin man what to do .
He said you have to call the council and after a long time they will eventually send someone out to repair or replace the bin .
He added we have suggested that we carry these parts ( a plastic spindle ) in the truck as it happens frequently but they refused us as it to do with Health and Safety.
After a long wait on the council line I got a human person and reported the problem .
He said you will have to leave your bin outside the house for 35 working days and someone will come around .
We can't give you a day or time .
I repeated the bin mans suggestion and asked why they didn't do this very logical procedure .
He said we just don't .
Of course they don't it's a far too simple solution .
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 04:43 PM

Re: Garden waste bin

won't you get fined for leaving the bin out after collection time?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 04:45 PM

Nah
This is rural wiltshire .
And I have a drive .
I expect I will get an anonymous letter from the street twee Nazis though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We discovered our garden waste bin ( for which we pay £48 pa) has lost one of the plastic bits that keeps the hinge attached .
I asked the bin man what to do .
He said you have to call the council and after a long time they will eventually send someone out to repair or replace the bin .
He added we have suggested that we carry these parts ( a plastic spindle ) in the truck as it happens frequently but they refused us as it to do with Health and Safety.
After a long wait on the council line I got a human person and reported the problem .
He said you will have to leave your bin outside the house for 35 working days and someone will come around .
We can't give you a day or time .
I repeated the bin mans suggestion and asked why they didn't do this very logical procedure .
He said we just don't .
Of course they don't it's a far too simple solution .
Ah, Councils. You can't argue with them. Wall to wall idiots.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Nah
This is rural wiltshire .
And I have a drive .
I expect I will get an anonymous letter from the street twee Nazis though.
It will be all over faecesbook too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 05:41 PM

Things like this really make me mad sometimes, Muddy.
Why do they have to make such a big thing out of small job?

What's the betting that the seven weeks has been and gone, they still haven't been and done the repair?

I know what will happen then . . . you will have to phone them up again, go through 99 push button options, be left on hold for 2 days, only to be told you'll have to start all over again and leave your bin out for another 7 weeks.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-08-2018, 05:44 PM

It's because they are all on the fiddle wherever possible.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top