Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Good Morning Tuesday

A very good morning to all and sundry, waifs and strays. Having a restful day today after overdoing it yesterday erecting fencing around the veg patch. If I can summon up the energy I'll take puppy for walkies later then collapse with a book for the afternoon to recuperate.

Salmon and new spuds for lunch with strawberries from the garden for pud....yum yum..

Enjoy your day and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 10:52 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday

Looks like an improvement in the weather here today, in fact it's getting very warm now.
Tuesday's is our 'doing' day, so have already trimmed the bottom fronds from the Yucca's and pruned the bottom branches from the Morrow tree. This is something you folks in the UK will probably have not seen before. It's fruit is like a cross between a Blackberry and a Loganberry. It starts off green, that's ok, then it goes to bright red, still ok, but then when it's ripe and ready for eating it turns to a very deep purple, almost black. That's when it gets messy, because it is VERY juicy and stains everything. The birds love the berries, so loads of purple splats everywhere.

May take a ride on the scoot' later to find the 3 Crosses up in the mountains, been here 10 years and not found the place yet.

Have a nice day ya'll
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Good morning Barry & his new well cared for doggie. It's back to some cooler temperatures for a day or so before returning to bright sunny days through the coming weekend. I might get up the energy for a zoo visit today. I'll start with my normal breakfast club at McDonald's with my senior buds.

My vacation plans have been sorted out again. The tour company, Green Tortoise, is paying to transport me by plane in San Francisco to make my tour bus connection in Las Vegas, Nevada on the morning of July 23. This will give me almost two days to wander the streets of San Francisco, California and get some sightseeing in before my 8 days of touring national parks. The tour company apologized for the inconvenience of my changed plans. They assured me that they will deliver me back to San Francisco on July 31 to make my return train trip home to Portland, Oregon.

Have a great day all and remember to hug your puppy today.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Well, the weather did look promising, but we have just had a mighty downpour and now the sun's out again. this is the strangest June weather we have ever known.

SWMBO is still trimming the Yucca's, 12 done only 6 more to go, I do enjoy supervising. I have offered to help but she's informs me that it's therapeutic, so you carry on my dear.............
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Good Afternoon all, showery here with the odd burst of thunder. More work on today, but should be finished the lot by Friday.
Take good care of yourselves folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Hi all, gorgeous day here! Sun, lovely and warm already just a bit after 11:30 am: 26 C (78 F), and will make the 30s this afternoon to my delight, and the dismay of the Summer haters, who are muttering : Too hot, too soon"! Still book-boxing, have 5 more boxes ready for pickup for Thursday. Off to the Apple store this afternoon with Chris to get a new Mac ... excited!

BobM, you forgot to add hug your cat today!! Sounds like a great vacation you have lined up. Hope our Mags is enjoying hers. Rest up with the book, Barry, and maybe something cool to drink too ..

Take care of yourselves......
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi all, gorgeous day here! Sun, lovely and warm already just a bit after 11:30 am: 26 C (78 F), and will make the 30s this afternoon to my delight, and the dismay of the Summer haters, who are muttering : Too hot, too soon"! Still book-boxing, have 5 more boxes ready for pickup for Thursday. Off to the Apple store this afternoon with Chris to get a new Mac ... excited!

BobM, you forgot to add hug your cat today!! Sounds like a great vacation you have lined up. Hope our Mags is enjoying hers. Rest up with the book, Barry, and maybe something cool to drink too ..

Take care of yourselves......
Just a quick note if I catch you in time. Don't buy extra memory or hard drives for your new Mac as I got 16Gig of RAM memory for what they wanted for 4Gig. I even had the Mac store install it. Also, you can buy a 1.5-2.0 TByte hard drive at Costco for under $100. so don't spend extra buying a bigger hard drive on your Mac. They charge too much.
Odie
Ontario, Canada
Odie is female  Odie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A very good morning to all and sundry, waifs and strays. Having a restful day today after overdoing it yesterday erecting fencing around the veg patch. If I can summon up the energy I'll take puppy for walkies later then collapse with a book for the afternoon to recuperate.

Salmon and new spuds for lunch with strawberries from the garden for pud....yum yum..

Enjoy your day and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry

Good Tuesday Barry!

Sounds like you should take it easy after yesterday!

mmmmmmmmmm your lunch sounds delicious!

do you have any pics of your puppy, I love dogs of all breeds, I should have had a dog instead of 5 cats

Nice day here today in Toronto, just a tad hot for me at 32C.

Joan
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 08:52 PM

LIL, Odie, respectfully disagree with you ... five cats are fine. I am NOT a dog person

I'd like to have Barry's strawberries right out of the garden too ... definitely yum! Love the 30s, am a heat lover.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2011, 09:53 PM

Relaxing 'do nothing' sort of day.....usual walk this morning, then my friend from the Vets came for dinner so we had a good gossip. Met my other friend later for walk-just made it back home before the thunderstorm and heavy rain....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top