Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Sunny Saturday

Another sunny day here in Sherwood, and after walking young Oscar through the woods I am presently sat in the garden with my cappucino and laptop...

I've got a few odd jobs to do this morning which mainly involves netting over the strawberries to stop the puppy eating them and giving himself the runs. It never fails to amaze me how one so small can cause so much havoc.....

Enjoy your day and I hope the weather is as kind to you as it is being to us...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Re: Sunny Saturday

Good morning Barry & all who follow. Your tale of the berry monster had me grinning this morning. Puppies, like human infants, must be taught what is good and what is bad for them. Left to their own accord we would have a world in utter chaos indeed. LOL

I had a great day at the coast yesterday. It was a beautiful day outside and I did so love my scooter ride. I had a hearty nap after the 200 mile ride however. The coastal road leading to Cape Meares Lighthouse is in poor repair after the Winter season and my little bike was bouncing all over the place.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the lighthouse light had been repaired after vandals shot it out. I've been going there for years and have photos of that light before & after the tragedy. They caught the culprits, local young men, and I hope they were made to pay for the 100 year old light that they destroyed.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Sunny at the mo in Southern Spain, but was very overcast earlier. Still a lot of cloud about. Have not known a start to June like this, normally the weather forecasts are pointless this time of the year, because it should be wall to wall sunshine every day.

Took Barney-Woo for a walk along a part of the river we haven't visited since the rains in February.

Could not believe the destruction that had been reeked. One of the water pumping houses (a building probably 3m x 3m and 3m high and built of concrete blocks) which used to be atop of the 4m high river bank, is now on it's side 3m into the river. Scary.............
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Good afternoon all, Oscar looks a lovely pup Barry, hope he's not Wilde.
It's Derby Day today and the Queens Horse looks a certainty but the odds are too small, my fiver is going on 'Recital' for a bit of value.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend Folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi all. Sun can't make up it's mind - in and out; cooler than yesterday at 21 C (70 F); possibly rain tomorrow. Actually, we could use some, been a bit dry. Still the usual book boxing; about ready to move onto clothes that aren't coming. Grocery delivery this afternoon.

Hope all are having a great start to the weekend.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 06:01 PM

Watched the Derby, the French horse won it "Pour Moi', does that mean 'Poor me'?. Mine was nowhere, but thats just like me, I give a lot of money to sick animals, I only wish I'd known the horse was sick before I bet on it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 08:30 PM

jemflux!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2011, 09:44 PM

Its a terrible job when you have lived in a house for a few years and you come to move. You seem to be getting it done though,good for you. Take care and dont over do it Eileen. Annie33
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-06-2011, 10:56 PM

Thanks, Annie! 46 years here, and I'm inclined to be a bit of a pack rat, so it's quite a chore .... my friend is nagging and prodding me when I need it, so am moving along a bit ... long way to go, still!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top