Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Well - that was fun ...

I don't think! Went up to Asda to buy a kettle. Went very early because I knew they are open 24hrs and also because we had storms forecast from mid-morning on - and I do not like storms!

Zoomed round Asda at the speed of light and set off for home. Should mention here - Asda is on a shopping complex just over a mile from my home. Heard distant rumble of thunder - increased walking speed - then all hell broke loose! Thunder cracks right over head, pink forked lightning dancing on the pavement in front of me - and a cloud burst!

Nowhere to shelter so just kept going - arrived home scared witless, looking like a drowned rat and soaked right through to my skin.

Changed clothes, had a cup of tea, thought I better go see if my Westie friend was OK - walked passed the the end of my house just as the fall pipe detached itself from the wall and the gutter emptied ... all over my head!!

I am not playing this game any more - going to sit in the bath and sulk!
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

27-07-2018, 09:20 AM

Re: Well - that was fun ...

Sorry ST but the image of the gutter emptying onto your head did make me laugh...
But a nice wallow in the bath sounds a good respone.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:23 AM

It's the way you tell 'em ....

pink forked lightning dancing on the pavement in front of me

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:37 AM

Oh Dear, poor you, I'm not keen on storms either but it's due to arrive here before the end of the day. According to my Weather App on the phone.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:26 AM

It made me chuckle too, sorry!

I got prepared to go out (don't really need anything) but as my clothes are outside drying, and storms are forecast, thought I'd leave it for another day. AND I'd faffed about, with the windows that now have insect screens on them.

Mind, clear sky atm, and very hot, took dog outside to the grass to have a wee, and to drop off a letter intended for another block, and came straight back in. I keep saying sorry to her, because we can't do anything but loll about, so I am desperately hoping we DO get a storm or two.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:31 AM

At least you can have a nice cup of tea from you new kettle ST. And don't worry about all that rain water you wasted.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:48 AM

Have been forecast for my area and was looking forward to them.

NOTHING so far.

But to be fair nothing wrong with you taking a bath if you have had a down pour and have water

As no rain has fallen for 3 months in my area I to save the little water we have left have stooped taking a bath 2 months ago.

PLEASE can I have a MASSIVE thunder storm with lots of rain
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:49 AM

I have to say,the way you said it,made me laff my head off,what a shame it wasn't captured on video,..I am only joking,ST,enjoy that bath!.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Oh poor you!!!

Chuckle, chuckle....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:59 AM

I did enjoy the warm, scented, bath and being back in dry clothes!

We have sunshine now - but - there is another storm slithering along the horizon in this direction.

Galty - I did tell it go to Essex, honest - but I don't think it is listening!

Jazzi - is your Westie OK with storms? My little friend is terrified of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top