Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:22 AM

Good morning Tuesday

Good morning all, looks like being another hot one....

For some reason this year I've grown some aubergines in the greenhouse and they've done very well but now I don't know what to use them for!
"A moussaka" I hear you say and yes, we are going to attempt to make one this morning but what else can you do with them, any ideas?

Have a good day everyone
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:45 AM

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Good morning all, looks like being another hot one....

For some reason this year I've grown some aubergines in the greenhouse and they've done very well but now I don't know what to use them for!
"A moussaka" I hear you say and yes, we are going to attempt to make one this morning but what else can you do with them, any ideas?

Have a good day everyone
You could make ratatouille Barry, it is nice with garlic bread!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2903/ratatouille
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You could make ratatouille Barry, it is nice with garlic bread!

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2903/ratatouille
Thanks Twink, sounds nice we'll give it a try.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:10 AM

Good Morning everyone.

We had a whole five seconds worth of rain about 10pm last night. By the time we had noticed - it had stopped! Going to be a scorcher again today with rain and thunder forecast for lunchtime.

Took my Westie friend for a walk through the little wood this morning - she seemed to find it interesting. She is a lovely walking companion.

I have a couple of small chicken breasts cooking at the moment - will use them to make Coronation chicken salad for dinner tonight.

Have some die cuts to make for a friend - other than that and Westie Watch duties - the day is mine to play with!

Have fun!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:14 AM

Good morning everyone

I love aubergine Barry I like them sliced and roasted I used to salt them first to draw out the moisture because I read that was the thing to do but slow roast them and they are fine. Lovely stuffed with a Bolognese sauce and topped with cheese too.

Nothing planned today, I decided not to start my dressing table yesterday it was too hot, feels like it's even hotter today so not sure what I will end up doing.

Have a good day all
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:24 AM

Good morning everybody. I've just spent three hectic & scorching days in Skegness so having a quiet day today. May go for a swim this afternoon.

Have a good day all.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:29 AM

Forgot to mention - my Westie friend's owner is at Ullswater in the Lake District ... and it is pouring with rain there!! Shall I ask her to bring some back with her?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Forgot to mention - my Westie friend's owner is at Ullswater in the Lake District ... and it is pouring with rain there!! Shall I ask her to bring some back with her?
Yes please tabby...it's just a short hop from there to Yorkshire.....we could certainly do with rain
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:53 AM

Good morning all.

Its so hot here, I'm melting.

Or you could make a Vegetable Curry Barry.

Back to the Solicitors office this morning then into Town to get a few things.

Have a nice day all.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes please tabby...it's just a short hop from there to Yorkshire.....we could certainly do with rain
Now look here! We in the west have to suffer lots of rain in the winter & those on the east never want to share it then. It is easier to wrap up against cold easterly winds... but not lashings of rain...... So how come you only want to share our rain in the summer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top