Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Holiday Monday

But then again, isn't every day a holiday....

Pouring with rain and forecast to continue for a few hours which is great, because the whole plot is like a dust bowl. A few days of sun after this and we'll be eating strawberries before Wimbledon....

Nothing much to do today other than eat well and drink sensibly but a grandaughter is stopping over tonight so the mayhem will start about tea time....

Have a good day all...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Re: Holiday Monday

Good morning Barry & all who follow. Fresh strawberries sound good right about now. It's Memorial Day here in the states so there will be lots of ceremonies honoring the dead I'm sure. We keep making more to honor all the time.

After a nice day in the woods yesterday it's back to watching it rain for us here in Oregon. I do so enjoy the occasional nice day though. Have a great day all!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

30-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Good morning everyone,
Still it rains here, all the bedders now really do need to go out but it is just too wet.

Took the chance this morning between showers to have a butchers inside our nestboxes. Great to see they had both been used and are now completely empty apart from the nesting materials they had gathered.

Have a nice Bank Holiday all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 02:10 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

It's pouring with rain here but I'm pleased to see it as the garden and all my plants are getting a good watering before we go away on Friday. Hoses and watering cans can never replace a good fall of rain.

Enjoy your day and I hope someone, somewhere has a glimpse of the sun...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 04:20 PM

No sun here at all today - only rain, but it's very welcome. As I have had no excuse, I have been stripping down a dresser in the garage - Nitromores and dust everywhere - very messy. It's now outside getting a good wetting before I dry it off and give it another go. Hope you enjoy your day folks - what is left of it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 04:21 PM

Gorgeous Memorial Day weather: like Summer, already 29 C (84 F) and it's not even 11 am yet ... my weather! I do love being really warm, finally baking Winter's chill out of my bones. Still boxing up books; my helpful girl isn't helping, she decided to nap instead! All quiet and peaceful here; going to add a tossed salad to dinner tonight, first since surgery (roughage, fiber). It's a month tomorrow since the op.

Glad you're getting some needed rain, a pity it happened to be on the holiday .....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 05:24 PM

'afternoon Barry, Bob and all of you

For once the Eastern part of Europe seems to have all the sunshine and it's really nice today.

Have been having a 'sort out' in the workshop, long overdue, might be able to find something when I want it now

For all our 'merican cousins I hope that 'Memorial Day' does not bring back too many sad memories.

Chat to you all again soon I hope.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Good Evening all, lovely day here, warm and Sunny with just the odd light shower. I'm keeping very busy in the workshop but I'm not complaining. Losos, don't do too good a sorting job or you won't be able to find anything when you need it most.
I knew a night club owner Aerolor, last time I saw him he was dressing down a stripper.( Sorry, couldn't resist it).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top