Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:53 PM

How many clocks?

Whilst I love my husband very, very much, he also drives me crazy with his fascination and need to keep buying clocks.

In total in my house we have 14, yes FOURTEEN clocks in our house.

3 in the living room, 2 in the hallway, 2 in the kitchen, 2 in the conservatory, 2 in one of our bedrooms, 1 in our spare bedroom, 1 on our landing windowsill plus my computer clock.

I am constantly reminded of time passing me by because every single room has one or multiple clocks!

I've warned him if he brings anymore into the house I might have to kill him

By the way today when we went to Skipton he saw another he wanted to buy but I told him "if you buy it you have to kill one" He didn't buy it. Thing is, I actually liked that one

How many clocks do you have in your house? Can you beat us?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Re: How many clocks?

Having more than one clock is a waste of time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
tell me about it!!! Try telling my husband that
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So Subtle 😁
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:15 PM

We have 7 clocks in the House.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:32 PM

Clocks everwhere, two mobile phones, on the Mac, the IPad and the upstairs pc, on the cooker, on the microwave, on the tv, on the DVD player, on the three landline phones, wall clocks, kitchen, dining room, living room, hall, one in each of two spare bedrooms, alarm clock in our bedroom ...I hate it when the clocks go back and forward.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:34 PM

Rehab, sounds like your clocks "Rock".
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 09:36 PM

Thinking on about it, I know I have in my storage shed a wind up wallclock that has a pendulum behind a little glass door.
I did think once about getting it looked at as it stops unless you slightly tilt it as it hangs, but having clocks repaired I was told was extremely expensive hence why its in the shed. Maybe I should dig it out and have a go at fixing it myself and then paint it lime green or something as it looks so old fashioned as it is.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Clocks everwhere, two mobile phones, on the Mac, the IPad and the upstairs pc, on the cooker, on the microwave, on the tv, on the DVD player, on the three landline phones, wall clocks, kitchen, dining room, living room, hall, one in each of two spare bedrooms, alarm clock in our bedroom ...I hate it when the clocks go back and forward.
oh my gawd, yeah, I forgot the microwave clock, the mobile phone clocks and the Ipad clock, oh hell, now its up to 18 dammit!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Thinking on about it, I know I have in my storage shed a wind up wallclock that has a pendulum behind a little glass door.
I did think once about getting it looked at as it stops unless you slightly tilt it as it hangs, but having clocks repaired I was told was extremely expensive hence why its in the shed. Maybe I should dig it out and have a go at fixing it myself and then paint it lime green or something as it looks so old fashioned as it is.
Good idea MC, you could start a new hobby and need to buy tons of clocks haha

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top