Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Shock

Just had a phone call from a friend ,his wife,[ whom Ive known for over 40 years ] has died.I cant seem to get any details from him as to when ,but I think it was last night,He is very confused ,says he keeps looking toward her bed, [she had M.S & couldnt get out of bed] & crying.I believe their son has been with him & is sorting out details ,but Im not sure if hes staying.As I said he is very upset & confused.I can only offer a shoulder to cry on & have told him to ring me when he feels low
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Re: Shock

What terrible news deylon and so sudden. I hope you are ok yourself.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Just had a phone call from a friend ,his wife,[ whom Ive known for over 40 years ] has died.I cant seem to get any details from him as to when ,but I think it was last night,He is very confused ,says he keeps looking toward her bed, [she had M.S & couldnt get out of bed] & crying.I believe their son has been with him & is sorting out details ,but Im not sure if hes staying.As I said he is very upset & confused.I can only offer a shoulder to cry on & have told him to ring me when he feels low
I'm sorry to hear this Deylon. All you can do is be a shoulder right now, you might not feel you are doing much but having someone there for you in times of grief is HUGE. Bless you for being there for him. If you need someone to talk to about your friend who has passed we are all here to listen as you will be grieving also.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:11 PM

I'm not surprised your mate is upset. When my wife died, one of the hardest parts was me ringing all our friends and family with the bad news, it sounds so surreal when you hear yourself tell them and you have to endure the upset every time you let someone know. A very difficult time.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm not surprised your mate is upset. When my wife died, one of the hardest parts was me ringing all our friends and family with the bad news, it sounds so surreal when you hear yourself tell them and you have to endure the upset every time you let someone know. A very difficult time.
I remember the morning my Dad rang me to tell me my Mum had died suddenly, he was stunned and told me he thought he was dreaming. Awful, just awful. Strange thing was even though my Mum wasn't poorly I just knew my Dad was going to tell me she'd died, I have no clue why I thought this way but it was still a shock.

I hope you had people to lean on during your time of grief Judd
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 09:24 PM

So sorry Deylon, this kind of news pulls the rug from under you even when it's expected.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 10:48 PM

Hope you're okay Deylon ... when a friend tells you something like that and reaches out to you ...you want to help ease their grief.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That was tough on you Judd .. I'm assuming no one was there to help you or ease your own grief.
It's weird isn't it .. how the world still seems to keep turning with trivial inconsequentials, as if they matter , when your own world has just stuttered and come to a stop.
Hard, very hard to relate to others and the world.

I felt like that, and very lost, when I told my step-dad, and my brothers .. and then had to tell mum herself that she only had 3 to six months left to live.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:11 AM

So sorry Deylon i hope your friend has some support and that you yourself are ok.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 06:26 AM

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Deylon. I hope you're ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top