Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:09 PM

So quiet

Everything seems so quiet tonight,Usually there is the constant sound of traffic from a very busy main road the other side of our back garden, we often hear the siren of anbulances/ police cars,also there is often traffic along the road in front of the house,tonight everything is quiet and still,I wonder [ hope ] if this means a storm is brewing,anything to break this terrible heat
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:14 PM

Re: So quiet

We're across the pond but the heat, even along the coast in southern New England has been hot and oppressive. Usually the sea breezes are helpful but this week has been miserable. We've been in the 90'sF but much of the western portion of the country has reached into the 100's.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 10:24 PM

I'm also in the New England states like Dave with temps nearing 95 degrees this week. Today we got a lovely rain first thing, and I have just come back from a two mile walk! Haven't even attempted a walk in this heat in a week.

Must take advantage of the break as next week we will be sweltering and moaning again
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:03 PM

I've had enough of the heat now too.
It is going on too long, without a break.

I love the warm sunny weather, but not this fierce, burning non-stop heat.
It hardly even cools down at night. It is still 80 in my bedroom now.
It is beginning to get me down now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have the Mother of all storms eventually.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 11:36 PM

I.m still enjoying the bright weather and I can cope with the heat no problem but I do agree mups we need a damn good downpour, i.m sure it will happen before long
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 08:16 AM

We live in a quiet semi-rural village, thank goodness.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 08:52 AM

It's not often the very north of Scotland gets this weather, when we do we lap it up but as you say it's going on too long without a break. We've had to build temporary shelters for the sheep to get them out of the blistering heat, they seem to spend the days in the shade and are outside as soon as the sun goes down. The horses have the stable door open and they also spend a lot of time inside during the day, Having to water the fields for hours on end too or the crops will die.. Yes we'll be glad to see the weather return to it's usual path..
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Definitely quiter than usual. I think everyone is heatbeat .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 12:23 PM

I remember telling my daughter when she was little, one hot day, that everywhere always seems quieter in the heat of the day. I said people were probably too hot to do anything.

(Meaning I don't want to play. Just get in the paddling pool enjoy it and leave me alone for a minute with my cuppa)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Same here. Much less traffic about during the day and less people walking too. I went into the garden last night after the England match and you could hear a pin drop.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top