Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Could You Eat Roadkill?

You are driving home or even riding your bicycle and you see a dead deer or a pheasant that has been hit by a vehicle.
Would you have no qualms about picking it up and taking it home?
Some people do this, butcher the Roadkill themselves and put it in the freezer. They even have Roadkill dinner parties.

Some might find this practice distasteful but at least you know the animal has not been injected with antibiotics, hormones and other stuff.

What do you think, could you eat Roadkill?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:36 AM

Re: Could You Eat Roadkill?

Have done so many times.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Yes i could eat it but i couldnt butcher it myself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
You are driving home or even riding your bicycle and you see a dead deer or a pheasant that has been hit by a vehicle.
Some people do this, butcher the Roadkill themselves and put it in the freezer. They even have Roadkill dinner parties.

Some might find this practice distasteful but at least you know the animal has not been injected with antibiotics, hormones and other stuff.

Absolutely!!! - bring it on, I'll eat it, if its fresh!!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:44 AM

Takes me back to `Tracks` and Hugh Fernly Whittonstall Roadkill Ragout.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:52 AM

No, too many if's and but's about it. Viruses , parasites, animals/birds that are refuse collectors and eat the blood of another animal, birds and animals that walk over decomposed matter or feed on carrion. Would we eat a fly that had been on shit ?
we did have CJD due to cattle eating meat and bone meal, containing infected brain and spinal cord, rabbits are the cause of tularemia (an infectious disease) in humans.

No thanks.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 09:56 AM

Yes, not a bother, if Ive seen the kill happen or its still warm

Not something thats been left there a while
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 10:07 AM

I suppose it's no different to this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7c8uSE3D1g
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:24 AM

No I would not. I would feel guilty enough about killing it without eating it.

I remember once attending a wedding and I had to follow the bride's mother's car to the church. It was in the country so obviously she drove like a lunatic which resulted in her hitting a pheasant. The pheasant sort of stumbled into a field then fell over, so she got out of the car, removed her wedding shoes, waded into the field, collected the bird, then threw it in the car boot. She then put her shoes back on and continued on to her daughter's wedding.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

No I wouldn't, YUCK. I did once, as a kid, when my father ran over a rabbit on our drive. He brought it in for the pot. I have never eaten rabbit since.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top