Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:34 PM

Police helicopter

I.m laid in bed and all I can hear is the police helicopter. It's becoming more and more common in my scruffy, horrible area to hear this noise as I try sleep.

2 nights ago a security guard who works in a Tesco Extra near me was glassed and badly injured by 3 drunken teenagers.

Crime is becoming more and more common making it unpleasant to live here.

Do you live in a rotten area or are you lucky to live in a quiet area with not much crime?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:38 PM

Re: Police helicopter

It's not too bad here LQ, although there is a spate of shed break-ins and garden machinery being stolen at the mo. My friend lost her new strimmer a week ago. And cars, that's the other thing. Opportunists are always trying to nick things out of parked cars at night.

Most of the more serious problems seem to be in the towns more, but luckily I am away from the actual town, and it's fairly quiet - Touch wood.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:58 PM

We have had one reported incident of crime in 10 years in my neighbourhood, and that was me reporting our lawn mower stolen. Two days later I had to ring the police and report it found. The lawn mower repair place were supposed to pick up our neighbours but took ours instead

I would hate to live in a town or city now
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 12:33 AM

We are fortunate to live in an area that, until recently, has been little troubled by criminal activities.

It seems to be more frequently that we hear a police helicopter, though. Not a great surprise, as we are not a million miles away from a large council estate of 'repute'!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:17 AM

Hi

I live in a small village with very little crime.

I am moving into a town with much higher crime rates.

I will survive, although I will have to remember to lock my car and house doors.

It is the price you pay for having everything in walking distance.
yggdrasil
South West
yggdrasil is female 

03-07-2018, 08:16 AM

I hear helicopters a lot, but they are usually the Coastguards here on the Bristol Channel
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:28 AM

Our once little sea side town is now a totally different place , only yesterday a man with a knife was arrested at the railway station , a month ago there was shooting . Every day and night the police seem to be racing from one place to another sirens and lights . I used to walk home alone at night after visiting a friend , now I'd jump on the bus or a taxi . My friend was stopped by a bloke at 8am in the morning on her way to work , he asked for £1 she gave him one because she was afraid and it was a quiet area . It makes me sad to see the noise and mess in the town when I go out with friends for the evening , we have street pastors now helping the drunken girls into taxis and boys who've been involved in trouble . Drugs are easily found too .

Yes it makes me sad

I'm paranoid in locking my doors and windows
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:46 AM

I was burgled three times LQ when I lived in Adel in Leeds which is supposed to be one of the better areas so I think you are not safe anywhere these days.

We moved out of Leeds but even so as I mentioned on the good morning thread the other day I had to call the police the other night because a gang of youths around my car in the early hours and the alarm went off,

I think it's a how society is going and we just have to deal with it.... it's scary though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:49 AM

It has been quite good living here for the past few years and the majority of people are polite and friendly. Unfortunately, a gobshite has moved in a few doors away which regularly results in smashed bottles, smashed windows, fights and regular visits from the police who slap his wrists then let him back.

So far it hasn't affected me personally so I am keeping out of it .....for now.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 08:54 AM

I live in a small village where crime is practically nil.
However there is in the area increasing amounts of shed break ins and fly tipping .
A nearly small town has just had trouble with Nottingham Knockers who have been arrested for intimidation and stealing especially from the elderly .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top