Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 10:11 AM

Guide Dog Refused a Drink of Water.

What a shower of nasty Sods.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-caff...e-dog-20180616
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 10:14 AM

Re: Guide Dog Refused a Drink of Water.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
What a shower of nasty Sods.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-caff...e-dog-20180616

Start a campaign/petition to get Cafe Nero to change their policy, plus an apology to the owner of this dog, free coffee to the owner for the next month and an engraved water bowl for the dog.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by uncle joe ->
start a campaign/petition to get cafe nero to change their policy, plus an apology to the owner of this dog, free coffee to the owner for the next month and an engraved water bowl for the dog.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 10:48 AM

In Cafe Nero you are lucky to get a cup of expensive coffee for yourself thrown at you by surly sometimes (but not always )East Europeans much less a drink of water for the dog.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:36 AM

Oh! I see...the guide dog WAS refused water.

I thought the guide dog refused the water, I wondered why

Must be the heat!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:45 AM

I'd like to hear that the employee responsible was sacked, and that such a move by Cafe Nero was prompted by everyone refusing to patronise the chain until they do.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:47 AM

Maybe the guide dog didn't want the water if it refused it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Maybe the guide dog didn't want the water if it refused it.
Read link in post #1
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 12:24 PM

As a direct contrast to this sad attitude from a national company, we visit Wells-next-the-Sea in North Norfolk.

We venture, of course, to the beach and there is a large carpark at the edge of which is a Beach Café. Now Wells is very popular with holiday makers with dogs, as well as weekenders with dogs, and Sunday day-trippers with dogs. The owner of the land and that café is Lord Coke (pronounced cook), of Holkham Hall.

What a lovely idea put forward and adopted by the Holkham Estates - outside this Beach Café is a specially constructed 'Pets Drinking Bar' with an array of dog drinking water bowls, regularly topped up and a notice which reads "Please Drink Responsibly" (a lovely touch ). I shall try to find a photograph which I know I have somewhere !

Also there is a 'Dog Shower' unit, with running water to a shower head in a closeable bath type unit, so that people with dogs which have got covered in sand from the beach, can shower the dog and remove such sand. Used water runs away through a channel to a drain. This piece of equipment is of stainless steel, so can be hygenically cleaned. Such a brilliant and thoughtful idea, and one which encourages nice thoughts towards the Holkham Estates people ! I believe there is no charge for either of these facilities.

So you see, some businesses have imagination, and they can see the bigger picture, in that folk will appreciate the thoughtfulness of the business and have kind thoughts towards that business.

But there are some businesses which are not imaginative like that, so it will bounce back on them eventually.

This is a picture of the Beach Café, if you enlarge the picture you will see "Berties Bark Dog Bar" where there are barrels there to turn the tap for water into the supplied dog water bowls. Further along to the left is a blackboard with the notice "Bertie says please drink responsibly". Both these are on the board walk in front of the Beach Café. The dog shower facility is just out of the picture to the right.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wells - day trip 3 Oct 2015 011.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	6349  
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 12:42 PM

Common sense failure no big deal to place a bowl of water outside.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top