Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:57 PM

The funniest day/night of your life

Was there a day or night that was just so funny that you will never forget it and it still makes you giggle now.

For me, it was returning on a coach in Italy to our hotel. We had all been out for a great Italian meal and the wine was free. Now, imagine that the average age of the British tourists on board was probably around 65 - 70, I was in my forties. (It was also the same night as the revolving toilet).

One gentleman insisted on calling our Italian guide Ronaldo, even though he had been told several times it was Roberto. Combined with a coach load of silly questions and a group rendition of Arrivederci Roma which was unrecognisable, it was without doubt the funniest night of my life. I wish I had a recording of it.

I know you have to be there to appreciate these things but do you have any similar memories of a funny night or day.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:15 PM

Re: The funniest day/night of your life

Of recent times the funniest time was when I was away at the caravan with my school friends and we went on a boat on the boating lake. The man had told us to keep away from the sides and my friend that was steering was doing her best but the boat just would not go where it was supposed to and we ended up stuck in the side and we had to be rescued. The rescuer came to rescue us in a pedal boat haha. It truly was sooooooo funny we laughed till our sides hurt and we are still watching that video over and over again and reliving it. Wonderful time.

I'm a happy person and I laugh a lot with my friends and my husband but this one sticks out most right now because it was so recent. Again it was a case of you had to be there to appreciate how funny it was but trust me, to us it was hilarious.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Re: The funniest day/night of your life

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Of recent times the funniest time was when I was away at the caravan with my school friends and we went on a boat on the boating lake. The man had told us to keep away from the sides and my friend that was steering was doing her best but the boat just would not go where it was supposed to and we ended up stuck in the side and we had to be rescued. The rescuer came to rescue us in a pedal boat haha. It truly was sooooooo funny we laughed till our sides hurt and we are still watching that video over and over again and reliving it. Wonderful time.

I'm a happy person and I laugh a lot with my friends and my husband but this one sticks out most right now because it was so recent. Again it was a case of you had to be there to appreciate how funny it was but trust me, to us it was hilarious.
It must be great having it on video LQ.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top