Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:28 PM

As it's the first of July...

...are you glad that half the year is over? Has it been good or bad for you.

Personally I'm glad as April, May, June are never my favourite months and I'm always happier in the latter half of the year. Plus, this year I've been ill since the end of January and look forward to getting better in the coming months.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: As it's the first of July...

Every day this side of the grass is a good day. April and May were fine, I travelled up to northern Queensland but the end of June was bloody cold this far south - this morning it was down to 3"C that is outrageous and possibly illegal! I didn't get up until the sun had warmed the place up a bit. (The average minimum at this time of year is 9'C)

I was thinking of going to Darwin for a couple of months but I have other commitments at this time of year so settled for a month in Malaysia and Thailand in late August staying with friends.

Having said all that I still think every day is a good day, so much to do so little time to do it in.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Every day this side of the grass is a good day. April and May were fine I travelled up to northern Queensland but the end of June was bloody cold - this morning it was down to 3"C that is outrageous and possibly illegal! I didn't get up until the sun had warmed the place up a bit

I was thinking of going to Darwin for a couple of months but I have other commitments at this time of year so settled for a month in Malaysia and Thailand in late August staying with friends.

Having said all that I still think every day is a good day, so much to do so little time to do it in.
3º is cold, even for your Winters. I distinctly remember getting up at 4am one morning last July and it was 3º in the middle of our Summer. How about trading climates?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 05:17 PM

T'is my dog's birthday, she's lovely

I prefer the Autumn so I'll be glad when summer's gone.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Don't think Autumn posts anymore, but I'm glad Summer is still here.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 08:28 PM

This year seems to be flying by. I feel as if I have done nothing so far.
I only got home yesterday after a week of guinea pig and cat minding so my life has been on hold for the last seven days. Going to Tesco deli to buy roast chickens as the damn cat wouldnt eat the food that had been left for him but was happy eating warm chicken breast. Chopping up kale, carrots and peppers for the guinea pigs and having to hide round the back of the garden shed so I could sneak out and count them as they liked to worry me pretending that they were dead or missing.
What a way to finish June. Roll on July.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 08:41 PM

The past 6 months have passed by so quickly, time is passing by faster and faster as I age. My health was poor for the first three month with numerous chest infections and pneumonia so I was glad when they were over and the warmer weather started to creep in. My health has been so much better with the winter months out of the way so this past 3 months have been good for me.

I am already dreading winter for fear of becoming very ill again so I want this next few months to go slowly, no chance of that though *sigh*

I hope the next few months see you much better Ffosse.

Happy Birthday to your doggy TessA. Here is a doggy cake for her.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	dogcake.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	6336  
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
The past 6 months have passed by so quickly, time is passing by faster and faster as I age. My health was poor for the first three month with numerous chest infections and pneumonia so I was glad when they were over and the warmer weather started to creep in. My health has been so much better with the winter months out of the way so this past 3 months have been good for me.

I am already dreading winter for fear of becoming very ill again so I want this next few months to go slowly, no chance of that though *sigh*

I hope the next few months see you much better Ffosse.

Happy Birthday to your doggy TessA. Here is a doggy cake for her.
Aw lovely, she'll love it!
I hope everyone gets better and stays that way soon!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Time we had some serious snow!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-07-2018, 11:41 AM

I'm looking forward to September - my favourite time of year. I don't know what it is, but from my Birthday on (Jul 23) I always feel better for a few months.

Can't say I really like Winter, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top