Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:09 PM

How long does something last in the freezer?

For example a Tesco spaghetti with meatballs. Will it be OK in 6 months, a year?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: How long does something last in the freezer?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
For example a Tesco spaghetti with meatballs. Will it be OK in 6 months, a year?

Yes, providing you don't defrost and clean your freezer in the meantime.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->

Bad news I'm afraid.

It will still be a Tesco spaghetti and meatballs when it comes out of the freezer.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 03:39 PM

Yes, but at least it should be edible.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:30 PM

That depends upon the product. Meat goes bad the quickest.

However, if you have a vacuum packer, you can extend the life of the meat. When air get to foods, they are subject to freezer burn VERY quickly. Especially meat.

I usually make large batches of various foods like spaghetti sauce and then put individual size portions in Tupperware containers. I try to fill those containers to the max so there is little to no air space.

Foods that are bought pre-frozen, like peas, corn etc generally last the longest.

As a general rule I try to rotate frozen foods so that I never have to eat anything that is older than 3 months.

The above applies to "frost-free" freezers. The ancient style of freezers that build up frost, cause foods to go bad more quickly.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Bad news I'm afraid.

It will still be a Tesco spaghetti and meatballs when it comes out of the freezer.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Just found this for you Ffosse

https://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/i...-freezing-food
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-07-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just found this for you Ffosse

https://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/i...-freezing-food
Thanks - that's quite a comprehensive list.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top