Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:58 AM

Gossip!!!

How do you handle it?

How do you detect that it’s gossip?

How do you respond to it if it is?

If someone gossips TO you ...
They usually will gossip ABOUT you too.

Is this true for you?

How do you feel about it and has it ever had an impact on your life?

NOTE: These are merely questions to consider to add to the conversation.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:06 PM

Re: Gossip!!!

I choose my gossip friends very carefully!!!

But to be honest if I'm gossiped about I don't give a stuff.

It's probably all true anyway
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:07 PM

I don't do anything worth gossiping about, how disappointing for some!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:28 PM

It depends in what you consider gossip!

For me, if somebody I know just tells others about things that I am doing or planning to do, that is fine because i have no secrets.

If somebody is saying awful things about me and being nasty, I may not even be aware of what they said because people who do that usually don't say it to my friends. If they did, a good friend would probably tell me and I would feel sorry for the gossiper........ how sad that their lives are so boring that they have to talk about mine.

The only people I gossip about are liars, because I don't want people to fall for their lies!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Whats gossip for some is sharing news to others

Last night a group of us were sitting "gossiping" about common friends but theres was not anything nasty said. It was more along the lines of "well he lost his job because of a DIC so thats why he's never seen here anymore" and "do you not remember she moved there because of such and such"

Now from that evening I might then pass on some of what I heard to other friends who weren't there. Some may class that as gossip
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Whats gossip for some is sharing news to others

Last night a group of us were sitting "gossiping" about common friends but theres was not anything nasty said. It was more along the lines of "well he lost his job because of a DIC so thats why he's never seen here anymore" and "do you not remember she moved there because of such and such"

Now from that evening I might then pass on some of what I heard to other friends who weren't there. Some may class that as gossip
Missy, I agree with you on that.
It’s when it becomes vindictive, evil and untrue that it becomes bad news!

I would say, that most gossip is like Chinese Whispers and never stays the way it started out.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:50 PM

“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”

O Wilde.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:55 PM

In hospital one particularly unpleasant moment comes to mind.

I overheard a nurse saying to other nurses that I hadn't changed my t-shirt in days.

I then got my bag and showed her my 3 black t-shirts (which I had been wearing one after the other on different days. I then told her that if she had any more comments about my clothing then to speak to me directly about them, not to other people.

That really shut her up in front of the other nurses. She avoided me after that.

I find that kind of gossip abhorrent, especially when talking about people who are ill.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Yes, it’s a bit difficult to talk about life in general without discussing other people. That part I understand perfectly well.

Parts that I’m not too sure how to handle aren’t this type.

Example. People A and B used to be great friends but something happened and they weren’t friends any more. Being unaware of this friend A suddenly discloses information about friend B that comes across as very hostile.

Do you tell friend B about the situation or do you just ignore it and do nothing?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

01-07-2018, 01:45 PM

And I’m sincerely asking because I don’t know
And if you do decide to tell friend B about this , is it considered ‘spreading ‘ gossip?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top