Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Thursday thoughts

Good Afternoon folks!

It's a beautiful sunny day in the SW ...... afternoon tea al fresco is the order of the day...

I'm starting to sort out what I'm taking for our fast approaching holiday, current temperatures are in the mid 20s but when it rains, it certainly pours down..

Hope the sun is shining on you wherever you are....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 12:43 PM

Re: Thursday thoughts

No ... it isn't.

Still, never mind ... I'm darting about with my feather duster and been a domestic goddess.

Hope you have nice holiday Mags .... have you room in your luggage for a motheaten cat like me?
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 01:02 PM

Well here in Sunny Spain (not), it is torrential rain. This follows a night of horrendous thunder storms and monsoon type rain.
This has been the worst May that I can remember.
Everywhere had just dried out from the last lot of rain and now it's gonna take at least another week for the tracks to dry out again, and for me to get out on the bike.

If you have never been to Spain in the rain, believe me, it's a dump.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No ... it isn't.

Still, never mind ... I'm darting about with my feather duster and been a domestic goddess.

Hope you have nice holiday Mags .... have you room in your luggage for a motheaten cat like me?
Thanks Morticia, two weeks to go until my hols

Also I'm afraid I'm one of those people who always goes over the luggage allowance and on the day before we go, I'm taking this and that out of the case while poor hubby has to keep holding up the scales time and time again until I'm under the limit!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 04:04 PM

No sun here, people. Persistant low still keeping everything dank, cloudy, cool and a daily threat of heavy t'storms. Some areas have gotten drenched, flash floods and hail! We've been spared in the City so far ..... we may see sun and warmth by Saturday. Presently 16 C (61 F). No news, just pottering about.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Good Evening all, it's starting to rain now having been lovely all Day, ah well the farmers need it I'm told.
We filled the skip yesterday then went out for a few pints and a sing-song in one of the 'Singing pubs' in town, we all had a great time.
Take care everybody.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Sounds like fun, jemflux! The sing-song, not the skip!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sounds like fun, jemflux! The sing-song, not the skip!
It was really good fun Eileen, the place was packed (there are a lot in town hoping to get a glimpse of the Queen). The barman had a tough time trying to get them out at closing time so I sang my party piece 'The little shirt me Mother made for me', the place was cleared in minutes.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top