Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 09:44 AM

liking coffee

AS a young child I hated coffee, even the smell of it from a coffee shop across a street.
So what changed? it was at the dentist strangely enough. Way back then they used to use gas to put you to sleep to do dental work.

This time when I came round I was given a cup of coffee to revive me. Even since that time drinking coffee is ok. Strange what can alter ones tastes.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 09:52 AM

Re: liking coffee

Whenever I was sick as a child I was given blancmange in various flavours. To this day I won't eat it as I still associate it with illness.

As you say strange.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 09:53 AM

I love coffee as an adult but I can't ever recall drinking it as a child as it was always tea in our house. I can't stand the taste of smell of tea.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
AS a young child I hated coffee, even the smell of it from a coffee shop across a street.
So what changed? it was at the dentist strangely enough. Way back then they used to use gas to put you to sleep to do dental work.

This time when I came round I was given a cup of coffee to revive me. Even since that time drinking coffee is ok. Strange what can alter ones tastes.
I like instant coffee best.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Strange you should say that RS, the opposite happened to me, back in the day, I could not stand sniffing Nitrous Oxide, but, I had a cup of coffee before I went to the Dentist, now I love it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Strange you should say that RS, the opposite happened to me, back in the day, I could not stand sniffing Nitrous Oxide, but, I had a cup of coffee before I went to the Dentist, now I love it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 12:56 PM

I have always liked coffee even as far back as bottled Camp coffee made with milk (I tried Camp coffee again a few years ago and it was awful) but I liked it then. I don't mind instant but I prefer a good Italian coffee.

Trouble is around here, I can't buy a good coffee and I can't find a dentist.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have always liked coffee even as far back as bottled Camp coffee made with milk (I tried Camp coffee again a few years ago and it was awful) but I liked it then. I don't mind instant but I prefer a good Italian coffee.

Trouble is around here, I can't buy a good coffee and I can't find a dentist.
Camp Coffee, goodness that takes me back to my childhood. I sipped some once when my mother wasn't looking, it was disgusting! My siblings and I weren't permitted tea or coffee as kids, my mother didn't think it good for us. She did insist on us drinking Ribena though, YUCK, I have always disliked blackcurrants. Mind you, I didn't permit mine to drink tea or coffee either before they were teenagers. Our eldest girl dislikes tea, coffee and alcohol, which is a bit awkward as she is a vicar. Our five grandchildren only drink milk or water and they range from 16 down to 10, they don't like tea or coffee either.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 06:02 PM

I always drank tea until about 20 years ago. My brother started picking up a Tim Horton coffee and bringing one for me. I soon got hooked. Now I drink both tea and coffee, but mostly coffee.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 09:30 PM

Don't that Lipton cold stuff make you want to Honk?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top