Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:11 PM

Demise of Favourite Stores.

First M & S, then John Lewis, and now Waitrose
All closing some of their stores.
Who can compete with Amazon for discounts, delivery, and no quibble return service
Then there is EBay, where all department Stores have their own online goods, even Charity shops are online as well..
Apparently, 40 % of all sales are now online
Not to mention QVC” It is amazing how expensive Cosmetics and Shampoos and Jewellery, fly out Dresses costing £70 to £100.00 are snapped up after being praised by the Presenters as Gorgeous
Unique. Some have huge flowery patterns on just like Grandma’s curtains, and make you appear to be wearing a Tent were, Big Bums will be well hidden, or we all must wear black skinny tights and walk and look like Max Wall. And, why are the male Presenter less than masculine
And what about those rubber garments to hold everything? It is like being strangled.
Wayfair is now the favourite online Store for discount furniture , household goods with excellent service and refunds as well
When is the government going to wake up and realise that all these empty properties are ripe for conversion into very good living accommodation?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Re: Demise of Favourite Stores.

I would be upset if Tesco closed its supermarkets.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:41 PM

Im glad im a bloke.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Same with the pubs, if you don't use 'em, you lose 'em!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:46 PM

I haven't heard of some of those online and TV stores.
Waitrose need to cut their prices to survive against the likes of Aldi and Lidl but they won't.
Sainsbury and Asda are likely to merge I hear, I hope that means we get an Asda here as our Sainsbury is too small so is Tesco.
I wish Asda was more like Walmart in the US, they'd do well as they sell just about everything, inexpensive and huge selections of brands.
I've noticed Tesco has stopped selling some branded lines and are only selling their own brand, not as good but nothing else you can do but buy it if you need it

Some stores are their own worst enemies.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Same with the pubs, if you don't use 'em, you lose 'em!
Now that would be a very good idea.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im glad im a bloke.
Yes, Nom.
It must be easier being a bloke as they do not need so much apparel and be made up to the eyeballs.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Apart from his designer vests...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes, Nom.
It must be easier being a bloke as they do not need so much apparel and be made up to the eyeballs.

Not all women need a lot of clothes or to be made up to the eyeballs, me for one.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 05:00 PM

I dont mind the ladies dressing up, but im glad with the warm weather they are dressing down, my eyes think they have gone to heaven.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top