Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:40 AM

Prison sentences for women

Just reporting on the news, fewer prison sentences for women.

The government, in its wisdom, has decided that women will no longer be sent to prison except for 'the most serious offences'.

Brilliant!

That should please our wonderful judges, who are already happy to award female criminals lesser sentences than men.

What next, I wonder. In order to avoid being accused of unfairness, perhaps they will now bring in a rule of no prison sentences for men... except for the most serious offences.

Actually, I can see their logic.

No prison sentences will result in a much lower prison population. That would not only save a lot of money, but will also make the crime statistics look much lower compared to other countries.

Of course, crime will undoubtedly increase even if it isn't regarded as crime!

Yes, once again, we will become a world leader.

In crime!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Re: Prison sentences for women

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Just reporting on the news, fewer prison sentences for women.

The government, in its wisdom, has decided that women will no longer be sent to prison except for 'the most serious offences'.

Brilliant!

That should please our wonderful judges, who are already happy to award female criminals lesser sentences than men.

What next, I wonder. In order to avoid being accused of unfairness, perhaps they will now bring in a rule of no prison sentences for men... except for the most serious offences.

Actually, I can see their logic.

No prison sentences will result in a much lower prison population. That would not only save a lot of money, but will also make the crime statistics look much lower compared to other countries.

Of course, crime will undoubtedly increase even if it isn't regarded as crime!

Yes, once again, we will become a world leader.

In crime!
I thought how awfully sexist that was.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 11:37 AM

I saw the report too and listened to one if the supporters saying it will reduce the stress for the women & prevent their children going into care.

If I had been in the conversation I would have mentioned that the children wouldn't have needed to go into care if they hadn't committed the crime in the first place.

How the hell will we stop crime if we keep listening to how hard it is on the criminal, so make it easier for them?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 11:40 AM

So much for equality. Equal pay for doing the same work but not sentenced the same for an equal crime?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 12:01 PM

It's like everything else on this island...….Broken.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
So much for equality. Equal pay for doing the same work but not sentenced the same for an equal crime?
I agree Judd, what will happen now is that some man will claim sexual discrimination & we will be forced to give the men the same rights.
It makes me think this is a deliberate attempt to cut the cost of prisons... and it won't be long before it will be unsafe to step through you door into the outside
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Judd, what will happen now is that some man will claim sexual discrimination & we will be forced to give the men the same rights.
It makes me think this is a deliberate attempt to cut the cost of prisons... and it won't be long before it will be unsafe to step through you door into the outside
It's like that in some places already I believe, especially after dark.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

27-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's like that in some places already I believe, especially after dark.
I am sure you are right Roxy but if there is no deterrent, to make people think twice about committing crime, it will eventually make everywhere unsafe.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Yes, but there is an even easier solution.

All a male criminal needs to do, surely, is to announce that he 'identifies himself' as a woman!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 02:03 PM

Stop their children going into care ?
Their children are probaby better off in care .
Criminal mothers are hardly he sort to rear outstanding citizens .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top