Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:45 AM

Would You Mind Living Very Close To Electricity Pylons?

My local henfood supplier has closed down so a friend suggested taking me to a farm they knew sold animal food.

On arriving, l noticed, well you couldn’t miss, a massive electricity pylon very near to the shop. I didn’t like it one bit, even the fencing around it was electrified.

The shop didn’t have the layers pellets l wanted but did l really want to buy henfood that was kept so close to an Electricity pylon?

Yes, l know, it’s rather an overreaction from me but l just wanted to get out of the place and away from that monstrous pylon. There was another pylon not too far away from it.

How do people live near them? I would imagine them emitting ‘ions’ or whatever they give off, that my body would absorb and all the food l ate absorbed too!

Feel free to say l am overreacting!! Would you like to live near one? Or maybe, you do live near one?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Re: Would You Mind Living Very Close To Electricity Pylons?

Funny you should say that .... after looking at a property near a mine shaft last week I'm looking at one now with a massive string of pylons near it. They stand like sentries in the field behind.

It's the overhead cables that cause concern isn't it .... Is it to do with a risk of tumours and what-not's ?
Electric sub-stations are getting the same bad press.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My local henfood supplier has closed down so a friend suggested taking me to a farm they knew sold animal food.

On arriving, l noticed, well you couldn’t miss, a massive electricity pylon very near to the shop. I didn’t like it one bit, even the fencing around it was electrified.

The shop didn’t have the layers pellets l wanted but did l really want to buy henfood that was kept so close to an Electricity pylon?

Yes, l know, it’s rather an overreaction from me but l just wanted to get out of the place and away from that monstrous pylon. There was another pylon not too far away from it.

How do people live near them? I would imagine them emitting ‘ions’ or whatever they give off, that my body would absorb and all the food l ate absorbed too!

Feel free to say l am overreacting!! Would you like to live near one? Or maybe, you do live near one?

Not lived, but worked quite close to them. Storms could be quite exciting, watching the lightning strike the pylon or ceramic insulators and travel along the electricity cables.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Right UJ I'll bear that in mind if I see any overhead power cables passing over the rooftops of any houses I'm looking it.
I usually love a good storm but that might make my hair stand on end with fright.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Years ago we were house hunting we viewed a lovely ideal property, but at the bottom of the garden was an enormous pylon. It was literally humming, so there was absolutely no way that I could live there, especially with two young children.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:34 AM

I dislike the look of pylons, and as I like the vista from my home to be pleasant, I definitely wouldn't live near them. I also wonder if there are health risks associated with them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:43 AM

I think it's the fear of the 'Unknown' Arty. Things we don't fully understand we tend to be cautious about. High Voltage Electricity, RF waves, Radiation to name but a few. We don't like taking risks with our lives or our children's lives. I once watched a bloke light up a fluorescent tube while standing beneath a pylon, so there is definitely some kind of energy field surrounding them. Best be on the safe side and stay away from them is what I say....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:57 AM

Yes I live 1000 yds from one I can see it now it's on a hillside and overlooks the estate . I stood underneath it once and could feel the tingling through me . My other neighbour opposite can hear it buzzing , I can't as I'm on a main rd and i hear traffic ( I so long for silence and peace )
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Doesn't bother me but then I'm an electrical engineer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:55 AM

No way Jose .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top