Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:50 PM

Heat

Is anyone enjoying this heat spell ?sofar everyone Ive spoken to are finding it too hot &humid. I am sitting with just my nightie on & finding it still too hot, poor dog doesnt know where to lay in or out Ive got the back door open wide, the window open [ only the top part opens] & a fan on
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:54 PM

Re: Heat

I'm loving it , I so hate the dark cold rainy winters , I love the heat and the light .

Though in Thailand in March it was 36 degrees and I struggled with that and loved the air con
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:55 PM

It's a bit fierce isn't it Deylon.
They say it will get even hotter by mid-week though!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:58 PM

I don't sit out in it as it seems to drain the energy from me. I am fine if I'm dotting about in the garden or out with the dog.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 08:58 PM

I'm enjoying it so far. Not so sure my cats are though. I have been putting ice cubes in their water fountain.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Is anyone enjoying this heat spell ?sofar everyone Ive spoken to are finding it too hot &humid. I am sitting with just my nightie on & finding it still too hot, poor dog doesnt know where to lay in or out Ive got the back door open wide, the window open [ only the top part opens] & a fan on
Yep. Same here.
It's 21:00 and still 24C.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->

I must be the only one that isn't too warm. The ITP I have, robbing me of red blood platelets means that I feel the cold rather more than others. Here I sit in my lounge with the balcony door wide open and my bedroom window on t'other side of house wide open too. Room thermostat for c/h unit reads 24 o C and to me that is pleasantly warm.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 09:10 PM

I like the heat, I feel ok with it, just in bed i'm too hot, have to lay on top of the bed, but my Cat hates the heat especially when she has so much fur, I have been dabbing her head with a tissue with cold water, she loves me doing that.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 10:05 PM

My bungalow is nice and cool because of a tip I picked up in Africa.
You close windows and curtains on the sunny side of your home and open them on the shady side
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 10:11 PM

Deylon, if your dog is suffering, wrap a freezer pack in a tea towel for him to lie against and try a frozen kong ( fill with salt free gravy and freeze after bunging the small hole )

If the fan is just circulating hot air, freeze a plastic bottle of water and stand that in front of the fan

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top