Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 03:46 PM

How do you manage your TV viewing?

Lately I've been watching a lot of football and tennis, but have been recording films and TV series at night, generally from 9pm 'til 4am.

Trouble is, I never have time to watch them. Even if the World Cup and tennis weren't on, I'd struggle to get through all that I've recorded. My reading has taken a back seat lately as I generally listen to podcasts in bed.

How do you manage? Do you generally have set times and programmes that you will watch and record. And how do you find the time to watch your recordings?

In a way, it's a bit like books - I must have a thousand on Google Books, some have been there for a couple of years but there simply isn't enough time to read them all.

I think I've got a digital version of hoarding - at least there isn't any mess with everything stored on a hard drive or, in the case of my books and music, in the cloud.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 04:01 PM

Re: How do you manage your TV viewing?

I don't watch much TV yet still insist on recording some programmes, i.ll never get round to watching them all yet still record
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Hi

I simply record what I want to watch, everything else I do not bother.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 04:26 PM

I go through the EPG for 7 days in advance (I'm a bit of a techno nerd) and select what I want. I still have this nagging doubt that I'm missing out on something.

Think I need to live more in the moment.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-06-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't watch much TV yet still insist on recording some programmes, i.ll never get round to watching them all yet still record
I'm the same.I've only had the TV for around 5 weeks and can't remember what I did before. I've even downloaded programmes on to my phone (iPlayer) and know I won't get round to watching them before they expire.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I simply record what I want to watch, everything else I do not bother.
Wxactly what I do. I go through the Radio Times, record anything interesting then chuck the magazine away. Sorted.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-06-2018, 04:40 PM

I wish the EPG was a little better on my TV. It's in black and white with a small red dot appearing on anything I've set to record.

But it won't show all my channels without scrolling, and the side-to-side scrolling takes ages.

I think I may buy the Radio Times, it should make things easier.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 05:22 PM

Apart from the news, we watch everything else on the TV iplayer, although we don't watch that much really, definitely no more than two hours a day.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I wish the EPG was a little better on my TV. It's in black and white with a small red dot appearing on anything I've set to record.

But it won't show all my channels without scrolling, and the side-to-side scrolling takes ages.

I think I may buy the Radio Times, it should make things easier.
Having only got Freeview on my TV, I tend to use this online guide:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

I see if there's anything worth recording then record it. When I eventually get round to watching what I've recorded I watch it for around ten minutes to see if it's any cop and if it isn't, delete it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Having only got Freeview on my TV, I tend to use this online guide:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

I see if there's anything worth recording then record it. When I eventually get round to watching what I've recorded I watch it for around ten minutes to see if it's any cop and if it isn't, delete it.
Thanks for the link. That's better and more clear than the EPG on my TV. Yes, I delete things quite frequently once I'm 15 minutes in and not enjoying them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top