Join for free
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

14-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Friday 13th ? lucky this time round.

Diary extract:

Have to confess to being a bit dubious when I knew my Oncology clinic fell on the dreaded day.
However I thought, since the tests were being done the day before it would not really count against me.

So off we toddled on Thursday and settled down for a good swig or three of the old contrast dye, a bit of target practice for the vein apprentice and a relaxing ride through the Polo Mint CT scanner a few times.

That done and just about to divest myself of the rather fetching Antonio Berardi designed aquamarine gown as modelled by none other than Gisele Bungyjumper, at the London Fashion week last year and do a runner when I heard a voice that sent a chill up and down my rather exposed spine.

Terror of terrors, It was the vampiric blood nurse otherwise known as The Countess Dolingen De Gratz.
One withering look from that icy visage has been known to to freeze the wassnames off a wotsit from a league away.

"Since we have you here George, we thought it high time we,.........................."

The high time she meant was an armful of claret being extracted and a water sample, and believe me you do not mess with this lady.

She takes it all in good spirit as we both know her hearts are in the right place, in fact the only place they will fit in.

If I ever thought I was there just to take the p*** it was she who in fact gathered it, in a small bottle with as much aplomb as swatting a fly.

Friday, by contrast was a quieter more serene day. I did get to see the lady that has looked after me for so long and in whom I have absolute trust and faith.

They should bottle her and use it sparingly as her gift to us is priceless.
Much the same goes for the small dedicated team we see on a regular basis, we have a laugh and yes indeed sometimes cry but it takes a very special kind of person to work there.
Thanks, is such a small word for so much given.

Oh yes, the results of all the blood letting and wailing, well there was a little concern over one test but I reckon that was down to blue being mixed with the claret (poor football joke) The important ones are ok.

I intend to fully embrace the next Friday 13th and hope that it goes just as well, I might even snare Monty of the 'MY Garden Today' thread fame, who by the way gentle reader is still very much alive.

Be lucky.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Re: Friday 13th ? lucky this time round.

Have smiled all the way through reading your diary extract....So pleased the important results are ok. About time that Monty exacuated his present home as well-good luck snaring him!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Lovely diary extract! So pleased all went well; pleased that Monty Mouse is hanging in there so we'll enjoy more stories....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2011, 11:31 AM

You have a wonderful way with words, Hammer, it made me smile.

I'm so pleased all went well for you.

I hope you don't snare Monty too soon, I look forward to more of his tales!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top