Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:27 PM

I'm giving up vaping..

...it's become a habit to which I'm addicted.

The juice I use is a pretty low dose of nicotine but it's still there and I'm sure vaping hasn't helped my recent chest infection - nothing like as bad as smoking would but still.

Then there is the cost - again a fraction of smoking, but I'm paying £10 for 3 bottles of juice which last about 4 days. And there is the price of the coils - £12 for a 6 pack which last around 2 weeks.

In a way I'm grateful to vaping for stopping my smoking (nothing else worked and the idea of a cigarette now makes me feel nauseated), but it's something I want to stop doing.

So when my present juice runs out (later today) I'm going to stick a nicotine patch on (have 4 of those) and simply give up. I've no doubt I'll miss it but to me it's become a habit and a waste of money. And I won't be getting any more nicotine patches, either, the ones I do have are from a previous attempt at stopping.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: I'm giving up vaping..

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->

The juice I use is a pretty low dose of nicotine but it's still there and I'm sure vaping hasn't helped my recent chest infection - nothing like as bad as smoking would but still.

Then there is the cost - again a fraction of smoking, but I'm paying £10 for 3 bottles of juice which last about 4 days. And there is the price of the coils - £12 for a 6 pack which last around 2 weeks.

In a way I'm grateful to vaping for stopping my smoking (nothing else worked and the idea of a cigarette now makes me feel nauseated), but it's something I want to stop doing.

So when my present juice runs out (later today) I'm going to stick a nicotine patch on (have 4 of those) and simply give up. I've no doubt I'll miss it but to me it's become a habit and a waste of money.

Finally!!! Good to hear. Best of luck with it !!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:31 PM

So when my present juice runs out (later today) I'm going to stick a nicotine patch on (have 4 of those) and simply give up. I've no doubt I'll miss it but to me it's become a habit and a waste of money. And I won't be getting any more nicotine patches, either, the ones I do have are from a previous attempt at stopping.

Good for you, I hope you manage to do so.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:33 PM

Jolly good!
Cold turkey is the best way to do it methinks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Should be easy to do now Ffosse and I would do it without the patches if I were you. The biggest problem when giving up is staying away from the chocolate and crisps (is was for me anyway).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 02:58 PM

The problem I found in the past is that my hand would instinctively reach for the part of the sofa where I kept my vaper.

I think also it's addictive having that hand to mouth process and the inhalation. Still, I'm definitely giving it a go. It will offset some of my taxi costs.

My next door neighbour (who is 56) has had a constant battle with cigarettes. She has tried everything: the gum, the patches, the lozenges, the spray and, while she has been able to sometimes give up for 3 months or so, has started smoking again at a cost of £60 a week. She is a 20 a day smoker.

She put down her latest relapse to redecorating her house - it was too stressful and I can relate to that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 03:01 PM

The problem I found in the past is that my hand would instinctively reach for the part of the sofa where I kept my vaper.

I think also it's addictive having that hand to mouth process and the inhalation. Still, I'm definitely giving it a go. It will offset some of my taxi costs.
I know exactly what you mean and they will take a while to break the habit.

99% of the time i don't even think about it any more but some mornings I fancy a puff. So I have one puff from the vape that's been sitting in the drawer and that's all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 03:16 PM

Good luck Ffosse.

I'm waiting now for the millions of people coming forth after a few years of vaping with severe infections which have been manifesting inside them.
How would anyone want to ingest a concoction of unknown chemicals into their system without knowing what they are made from? The government says they are safe? Oh of course they do...they get a huge amount of tax from it all.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-06-2018, 03:20 PM

I think the government and big tobacco firms are only now getting a handle on how to make money out of vaping.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 03:51 PM

I think also it's addictive having that hand to mouth process and the inhalation.
Still, I'm definitely giving it a go. It will offset some of my taxi costs.

My next door neighbour (who is 56) has had a constant battle with cigarettes. She has tried everything: the gum, the patches, the lozenges, the spray and, while she has been able to sometimes give up for 3 months or so, has started smoking again at a cost of £60 a week. She is a 20 a day smoker.

She put down her latest relapse to redecorating her house - it was too stressful and I can relate to that.

Invest in the purchase of plenty of chewing gum matey - that may help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top