Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:06 PM

What type of jacket do you wear?

I'm a bit old school and have two leather jackets, one brown which is padded and quite heavy for the Winter and a much lighter black one.

I've also got a black cotton Ralph Lauren jacket which I seldom wear for some reason.

What type of jacket do you favour? Perhaps you prefer a coat for the Winter. I used to wear coats but somehow fell out of the habit.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:23 PM

Re: What type of jacket do you wear?

For casual use I generally wear a Harrington jacket which I have in different colours depending on what colour jeans and shoes I'm wearing. They go with anything. My black one I customised with various Pink Floyd patches, badges and zip chains.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:23 PM

I wear anoraks.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

I have a number of coats and jackets including a blazer.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
For casual use I generally wear a Harrington jacket which I have in different colours depending on what colour jeans and shoes I'm wearing. They go with anything. My black one I customised with various Pink Floyd patches, badges and zip chains.
I always liked Harringtons - they were particularly popular in the early 80s with the new mods.

Remember denim cuts from the same time period? People used to have Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Rush or Whitesnake emblazoned on the back.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:38 PM

What’s the difference between a jacket and a coat? Is it length?

I have two coats l wear to go to the shops depending on the weather!
I have two identical Barbour jackets that l wear in the garden, l love them.
The coats are about the same length as the Barbour jackets so why aren’t they referred to as Barbour coats?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-06-2018, 01:42 PM

I would say that it is length; at a certain length a jacket becomes a coat.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I always liked Harringtons - they were particularly popular in the early 80s with the new mods.

Remember denim cuts from the same time period? People used to have Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Rush or Whitesnake emblazoned on the back.
Oh yes mate, I do. I had one myself in the mid-80's with iron Maiden patches all over it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-06-2018, 01:47 PM

Funny how that habit died out. I couldn't imagine it returning.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-06-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Funny how that habit died out. I couldn't imagine it returning.
I don't think it has died out really tbh.
I still see denim-clad longhairs walking around (although many are bald now). And if you go to rock concerts I'm sure they dig out their old Status Quo or Judas Priest denim jackets - if they can still get into them.

And what about bikers? True, it's mainly leathers, but I still see quite a lot of them wearing denim jackets too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top