Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Celebraty chef ANTHONY BOURDAIN DIES

Just saw on the news, that celebraty chef Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide today at age 61.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:31 PM

Re: Celebraty chef ANTHONY BOURDAIN DIES

Never having followed any celebrity chefs I have to say I've never heard of him ... even so, always sad to read that someone committed suicide.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Never having followed any celebrity chefs I have to say I've never heard of him ... even so, always sad to read that someone committed suicide.
Me neither Mort and I have heard of most celeb chefs.

RIP
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:36 PM

That’s sad 😔

I’m afraid I haven’t heard of him either.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:47 PM

Never heard of the guy either.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:54 PM

That is sad I knew who he was but more from the non politically correct travel shows he did on how to get the most out of cities during in a 24 hour stop over which usually involved drinking and eating as much as you can in that time, he seemed to live life to the full so that is a bit of a shock
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:55 PM

OMG - loved the guy - he was always uniquely different - in a class of his own - his shows were always unusual and bizzare.

What a loss to the world of food and journalism
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Just saw on the news, that celebraty chef Anthony Bourdain has committed suicide today at age 61.
Hi Bakerman I liked Anthony Bourdain , a very interesting and entertaining man.

I read one of his books, 'Kitchen Confidential' which was also serialised on the radio where I heard him interviewed many times. He was also a judge along with Nigella Lawson on a TV programme 'The Taste'.

What a sad end...
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 02:46 PM

A talented Chef who seemed to have everything
Yet something must have been missing.

Rest in Peace Anthony.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 02:56 PM

“It was once said that this is the land of the free. There is, I believe, a statue out there in the harbor, with something written on it about "Give me your hungry...your oppressed...give me pretty much everybody"-that's the way I remember it, anyway. The idea of America is a mutt-culture, isn't it? Who the hell is America if not everybody else? We are-and should be-a big, messy, anarchistic polyglot of dialects and accents and different skin tones.... We need more Latinos to come here. And they should, whenever possible, impregnate our women.”

― Anthony Bourdain

“I often use the hypothetical out-of-control ice-cream truck. What would happen if you were walking across the street and were suddenly hit by a careening Mister Softee truck? As you lie there, in your last few moments of consciousness, what kind of final regrets flash through your mind? 'I should have had a last cigarette!' might be one. Or, 'I should have dropped acid with everybody else back in '74!' Maybe: 'I should have done that hostess after all!' Something along the lines of: 'I should have had more fun in my life! I should have relaxed a little more, enjoyed myself a little more . . .' That was never my problem. When they're yanking a fender out of my chest cavity, I will decidedly not be regretting missed opportunities for a good time. My regrets will be more along the lines of a sad list of people hurt, people let down, assets wasted and advantages squandered.”

― Anthony Bourdain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top