Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 07:15 AM

Invention

If you stumbled across an invention, and were aware that bringing this thing into reality, would have many positive connotations for Mankind, but, inevitably, there would be some negative effects, would you create it anyway, possibly on the logic that, if you don't invent it, in time, somebody else will, and you'll miss out on the Hall of Fame?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 07:16 AM

Re: Invention

Before anyone asks, I ain't stumbled on anything, well only in a physical sense.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If you stumbled across an invention, and were aware that bringing this thing into reality, would have many positive connotations for Mankind, but, inevitably, there would be some negative effects, would you create it anyway, possibly on the logic that, if you don't invent it, in time, somebody else will, and you'll miss out on the Hall of Fame?
I would have to weigh up the pros and cons, if the pros significantly outweighed the cons I would continue with it. However, I would ensure that people knew the downsides of the invention as well as the upsides. I have no interest whatsoever in being included in a hall of fame.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:33 AM

I invented something that would help us dispose of household waste, it would also encourage more waste so it's a good job I didn't have any money to produce it or how to make it less "home-made".
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 09:00 AM

How can you possibly stumble across an invention?
Keep your eyes peeled at all times, that's my advice.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 09:02 AM

Actually, my wife invented a device that would help with the cleaning, washing and general housework, the benefits to womankind were immense, the negative is ,” he won’t get off the bloody sofa” ..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes. Everything has its downside; nothing is perfect. It is quite normal for an invention to be further developed and improved over time, either by the inventor or by others.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Actually, my wife invented a device that would help with the cleaning, washing and general housework, the benefits to womankind were immense, the negative is ,” he won’t get off the bloody sofa” ..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The best invention yet but they can br prone to the odd fault or two... or three... or four
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 10:11 AM

I'm trying to think of something that has been invented that doesn't have a downside but I can't think of one. I would invent it and market it. make lots of money and buy some new slippers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top