Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:31 PM

How did you meet your partner?

How /Where did you meet your partner ?I worked at the same firm as my husband,we had to pass through the packing room to get to the ladies room, the men used to whistle & call to us, but one just watched with a smile,I asked one of the men if he was married & was devastated to be told he was , but he wasnt & his friend arranged a date for us at a local cinema,At first we didnt think we could marry because he was supporting his Mother, but he worked something out & we married within 6 months of dating.We had 40years together before a stroke took him
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 09:48 PM

Re: How did you meet your partner?

Thats a lovely love story Dey, I'm so sorry to hear you lost the love of your life. xxx

I met my husband at Cleckheaton Town Hall dance which is in West Yorkshire. Its a cliche but we literally saw each other across a crowded room. He walked me to the bus stop, kissed me and said he would see me the day after. However, he had planned to go with his mates on a bike ride to Knaresborough and he set off the next morning with his mates............then he turned around and drove back to come meet me. I'm so glad he decided not to go on that trip with his mates because we have now been together 42 years, married 41 in July. He asked me after a fortnight to marry him!!! I said whoa, lets see how we feel about each other on your birthday (christmas day) which was 6 months later, we got engaged at Christmas on his birthday and 6 months after that we married, I was 17 he was 19 when we married. We are happier today than the day we married because we have grown together and been through some tough times together and come out the other end. Awww, thank you for allowing me to put this on 'paper' its brought back wonderful memories for me. We are very lucky to have found each other. I know I am blessed to have such a good man. x x x x
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 10:24 PM

I met the love of my life in in 1958. She was a friend of of a girl who lived in my road. At the age of fourteen, she went out with me to make her boyfriend jealous because i was eighteen and had a big powerful motorbike. She was my first girlfriend as i was heavily into keeping fit, athletics and cycle racing and had no time for girls. Our friendship blossomed over the next couple of years. We were engaged in 1960 and married in '62. This August will be our 56th anniversary. Would i have changed anything? Not a chance! Can't imagine life without her.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I met the love of my life in in 1958. She was a friend of of a girl who lived in my road. At the age of fourteen, she went out with me to make her boyfriend jealous because i was eighteen and had a big powerful motorbike. She was my first girlfriend as i was heavily into keeping fit, athletics and cycle racing and had no time for girls. Our friendship blossomed over the next couple of years. We were engaged in 1960 and married in '62. This August will be our 56th anniversary. Would i have changed anything? Not a chance! Can't imagine life without her.
Love this. Long may you both be happy xxx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Love this. Long may you both be happy xxx

Yes, I agree LQ.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:59 PM

Sorry for your loss Deylon. 40 years is a long time.

My husband and I met where we worked. He was in charge of production and I was in charge of quality control. He tried to push me into accepting below standards work but that went against my work ethics so we butt heads.
He flirt with me, bought me jube jubes and made me laugh and I’ve been with him ever since. That was back in 1989.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 04:05 AM

I had to go to one of the apartment complexes I managed. As I pulled to the curb, I saw a stunning woman leaving. Just then my assistant mgr rounded the corner and I quickly moved to him. I asked, "Who is that gorgeous woman ?" He replied, "She just applied for an apartment".
I then said, "Quick, introduce me to her"

She was just about to pull away in her car when the assist, mgr flagged her down. We 3 chatted for a while, and I made sure she got her new apt.
On the day she signed the lease, I made darn sure I was there. I was very polite but I'm afraid I may have been too obvious with my interest in her. I couldn't help myself because my heart was fluttering.

It was a few months later she called and wanted to sell me life insurance. I agreed to meet with her but I can't say I heard a word she said because I had goose bumps running up my arms and neck.

That night we dated and when she leaned in toward me, I kissed her goodnight, I felt almost faint from her light touch.

We were married a few month later. The rest, as they say, is history.

Wow ! What a woman.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 07:36 AM

Ours was a Blind Date, a close friend of mine and a close friend of my Husband got us together, he phoned me up one Sunday and asked if I would like to go to the Pictures with him, I said yes and we went and saw Black Emmanuel, very saucy it was, then he arranged for us to go for dinner at a place called 'Peppermint Park' very nice it was.

We have been together now for 36 years.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:04 AM

My wife found me under a gooseberry bush,and spent the rest of my life making me miserable.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:16 AM

My parents were acquainted with his much older brother and sister-in-law, who were of their generation. I met him when he was nearly 18 and I was 15. We got on and married 4 years later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top