Join for free
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Delay repay

EVERY time you're late, check if you're due 25-100% back via Delay Repay. Of the 30 rail firms, 20 are on this refund system, which Fiona's used: "Delayed on trips to and from Newcastle with partner, got £184 - 100% of our fare."

- If you arrive 2, 15 or 30mins+ late you're usually due 25%+ of the fare back in cash, whatever the reason. Exact delay times and compensation amounts vary - see firm-by-firm rules. (A clever tool also shows delay times, but not for NI.)
- How to claim. Do it online or by post, usually within 28 days. See how to claim:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tr...t=7#howtoclaim

TWO MINUTES late? Really?
I'd be surprised if ALL trains aren't at least 2 minutes late!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:27 AM

Re: Delay repay

I have used the Trains all the time when I used to visit my Mum in the Care Home and most of the time the train was delayed by 1hr. so I used to always claim the money back, for 1hr it was half of the fare money back.
They used to send me a voucher.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top