Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Cigarettes; cigars ; pipes and women!!

Just looking for a female take on it all! – many moons ago in UK many people smoked indoors even whilst women were there in the same room breast feeding! – [lost the photos!]. However over 58 years things have changed. We know live in a world of e-cigarettes and laws against smoking in cars whilst children are also in there!

But that all aside I own up to being an ex-cigarette smoker but still partial to cigars and pipes- none of which I dare smoke in doors and have been so socially conditioned cannot do so when all family are away on hols and I’m left alone to look after the ranch.

I once knew a matron who loved cigars and pipes and had a girlfriend who loved smelling my jacket cos it smelt of pipe tobacco!

There is of course [if you didn’t realize] a vast difference between smoking all three items.

You could never force me to smoke a fag but Cuban cigars and pipes are still a delight. So I am just wondering what you ‘ladies’ think of it all accepting the fact that some of you may still be ‘fag’ smokers and even perhaps cigars and pipes.

Smoking a cigar is for me an absolute delight and quite different from fags and a pipe different again – needless to say I do not inhale either and strongly advise against!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:13 AM

Re: Cigarettes; cigars ; pipes and women!!

Funnily enough it was only Sunday and we were walking along the promenade when I said to Mr Missy " you don't see that very often nowadays" , and pointed out a young woman walking along smoking. Saw a good few vaping, ourselves included, but she was the only public smoker we saw all walk

I only started to vape just over a year ago, quit smoking 18 months ago and I have to say, the few times I was invited to light up indoors , I just didn't enjoy the smoke at all

My step dad was a heavy smoker before his heart attack in his 50's. 40 a day at work and a pipe at home. Him, mum and me used to all sit there smoking , yuck
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:16 AM

I mentioned breast feeding - my dear first wife was breast feeding our second child and in the same room was my stay over brother and his wife smoking their heads off - I think I had stopped fags then and did draw the line over pipe smoking at the same time! - I bow my head in shame!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I mentioned breast feeding - my dear first wife was breast feeding our second child and in the same room was my stay over brother and his wife smoking their heads off - I think I had stopped fags then and did draw the line over pipe smoking at the same time! - I bow my head in shame!
A gf of mine also smoked whilst breast feeding, me and her partner also smoking our heads off in the same room

Both my sisters smoked when they had children as did their partners and parents.

We were just selfish I guess , or we weren't really aware of the dangers of passive smoking back then. I don't think it really hit home to people until the campaign after the death of Roy Castle
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:34 AM

My husband and I have never smoked nor do any of our close relatives, including our children. No one has ever been permitted to light up in our home.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband and I have never smoked nor do any of our close relatives, including our children. No one has every been permitted to light up in our home.
good on yeh!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
good on yeh!!
Someone light up once without permission, in front of our eldest daughter who was a toddler at the time, my husband frogmarched him out of our home.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

06-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Someone light up once without permission, in front of our eldest daughter who was a toddler at the time, my husband frogmarched him out of our home.
hear hear! Australias fight against cigarette smoking has come to a halt and no one can figure out why - I think we got it down to 12% or lower of the population. the Aboriginal population is higher than the rest of the country. I am watching tv adverts now showing Aborigines giving up for their kids sake!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 03:55 PM

No-one is allowed to smoke anything in my house.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 04:04 PM

The only thing that smokes in my house is the toast when I forget about it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top