Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Rest Stop

This looked quite inviting to the neighboring birds. I couldn't capture the bluejays that were landing there.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Re: Rest Stop

That's a quaint little bird table Bob, good photo
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Does look very inviting Bob....did you find that on one of your walks, or in someones garden?
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Does look very inviting Bob....did you find that on one of your walks, or in someones garden?
This was on a very recent trip to Camp 18 Restaurant. They have walking trails behind the restaurant full of interesting artifacts, berry bushes and lots of interesting plants and moss covered trees. I've been there many times and yet find new photo opportunities every time I go.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
This was on a very recent trip to Camp 18 Restaurant. They have walking trails behind the restaurant full of interesting artifacts, berry bushes and lots of interesting plants and moss covered trees. I've been there many times and yet find new photo opportunities every time I go.
Thanks Bob....sounds a lovely place to walk through....
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Wonderful clear picture. Excuse me for being ignorant - what is Camp 18 Restaurant.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

17-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by marilyno07 ->
Wonderful clear picture. Excuse me for being ignorant - what is Camp 18 Restaurant.
Camp 18 Restaurant is a logging camp converted to a unique restaurant at the 18 mile marker of highway 26. It's 18 miles from Seaside, Oregon. The building is so very unique, being built of trees in the surrounding forest. The main ceiling beam is one giant tree some 4 feet in diameter. It's a huge tourist stop and landmark, complete with a store and museum.

The main dining area is huge and the all timber building features a giant tree supporting the ceiling and roof.

The cozy fireplace is always richly decorated at Christmas time.

There are two additional loft dining areas on either side of the main dining room.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top