Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:54 PM

cooker/fridge on line ?

Has anyone bought a fridge or a cooker on line without seeing it in the store? I need a new cooker and want to get a fridge /freezer,Ive wanted to go and look in our local Currys but poor health has prevented me going,so I thought of buying on line
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:02 PM

Re: cooker/fridge on line ?

I have bought a freezer online,only saw the picture of it,checked out it's dimensions, very satisfied with it.oh,I read the reviews on it as well,whether they are true or not,i dont know,to be honest it's the best little freezer I've ever had.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:30 PM

I buy most things online but always check the reviews, especially Which?, and gather opinions first.

I bought a Zanussi fridge-freezer, along with a Zanussi washing machine, from AO 4 years ago and they have both been excellent in use.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 11:40 PM

No problem buying online but ESSSENTIAL to research your product.

Read REAL reviews from REAL users. DO not go buy sites like Which? and similar who are clearly imo biased and likely paid.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 12:04 AM

When reading REAL reviews from alleged REAL users, bear in mind that, IMO, they may well be biased and often paid.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...re-information

Blogs, videos and other online publications influence people’s buying decisions. Businesses know that securing a positive endorsement can help sell their product. Consumers need to know when the endorsement they are reading or viewing has been paid for.

It’s not illegal for businesses to pay people or publications to promote their products in blogs, vlogs, tweets or other online articles – but the people that publish such content, businesses that want to get their products endorsed and any media agencies that place endorsements all need to make sure that the consumer knows the endorsement has been paid for. If not, they risk breaking the law.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 12:27 AM

We have bought both online and I'd say the reviews were pretty accurate and informative. One was from John Lewis the other Argos. I don't think either co puts up fake reviews. I think the fridge is zanussi and the cooker is belling. There wasn't much choice in cookers in the size I wanted, they all had some problem according to reviewers.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:47 AM

By all means get it online, but I'd buy from a name that has a good reputation for customer service.
I've always found John Lewis and Marks really excellent.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 10:50 AM

Tbh Deylon, I would buy anywhere other then Currys

Their customer service is non existent and their understanding of consumer law is also non existent

I'm extremely lucky that we have a very good local electrical appliance store.

For things they don't sell I turn to John Lewis
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 11:54 AM

I buy large items like fridges, freezers and cars only when I have viewed them in person.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
When reading REAL reviews from alleged REAL users, bear in mind that, IMO, they may well be biased and often paid
Right but it's the negative views I'm more interested in not the lame "it's a great product" reviews. Companies don't pay people to give themselves bad reviews.

Real people generally post those.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top