Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 05:12 PM

The village idiot (me) chats

Yes and proud to have the title village idiot.

However at this time of life I have learnt a bit surprisingly.

Not only what one would call the norm but also a fair bit business wise, having owned with Sue a huge boarding kennels (119 dogs and 42 cats)and all the legal loopholes one has to jump though.

For example it is not like just buying a house but with a business attached and a lot of mortgage lenders won't lend on both. we went abroad in the end just to so how hard it was.
Then you have legislation on running boarding kennels and on top of that local bylaws. Thrown into the mix is employment laws, employing children from schools on work experience( that is a minefield on its own)

Then the inland revenue doing spot check which are horrendous, even going through wardrobes to find out money is going on clothing etc instead of to them or holidays

Shocked!!!!!! that is just a fraction of what they inspect, if it wasn't for having a brilliant accountant we could have gone bust easily. Soon learnt to get receipts for everything including the daily newspaper.

Then not having holidays and taking out personal health insurance etc etc, oh yes running a business ain't all gloss.

Now retired having worked since the age of 15 ( 60 hour week back then over 5 days) doing an apprenticeship.
Working for among others BT whose management don't have a clue on what is happening at ground level.

worked on cars for extra cash, bit of a car nut is me

Installing switchboards in firms one learns a lot on people and attitudes, as with the kennels, which don't come over on a forum such as this.

So now you know why I am the village idiot who knows nothing
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 08:29 AM

Re: The village idiot (me) chats

You remind me of 'david' in Heartbeat' - god that show would not have been the same without him - he was loved and cherished by all!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top