Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Love Letters

Have you ever written one?
Received one?
Kept one/some?

I kept all of mine from my teens and early 20s in a box for years
Along with little keepsakes and gifts and photo booth "kissing" strips and Polaroid shots!
When I moved in to my marital home I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to keep them so I threw them all away. I do remember the thrill of receiving them though. So heartfelt and innocent every one
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:44 PM

Re: Love Letters

I haven't written many but have loads from my late husband .

I am saving them for when my grandchildren are old enough to appreciate them. I can't read them myself , it is far too painful...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I haven't written many but have loads from my late husband .

I am saving them for when my grandchildren are old enough to appreciate them. I can't read them myself , it is far too painful...
Oh Meg x
What a lovely idea to pass them on to your grandchildren
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:50 PM

I haven't any love letters of my own, but I did keep the letters my dad sent to my mum. Funnily enough I never found anything she sent to him. Some were not actually love letters, but were letters talking about them being together again. They split up for a while when we were quite small as my mum couldn't bear living in London anymore. She went back to her own mum in Nottingham. I never forgave her for the misery she put us through during that time. The letters remind me so much of how lovely my dear dad was and what he put up with.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 01:50 PM

Yes I have received and written love letters and no, I didn’t keep them as none were from Mr Mags
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

31-05-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I haven't any love letters of my own, but I did keep the letters my dad sent to my mum. Funnily enough I never found anything she sent to him. Some were not actually love letters, but were letters talking about them being together again. They split up for a while when we were quite small as my mum couldn't bear living in London anymore. She went back to her own mum in Nottingham. I never forgave her for the misery she put us through during that time. The letters remind me so much of how lovely my dear dad was and what he put up with.
I'm glad they bring you such lovely thoughts of your dad Aerolor
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

31-05-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes I have received and written love letters and no, I didn’t keep them as none were from Mr Mags
That's what made me throw mine in the end too Mags
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:08 PM

Haven't got any at all. . .

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Haven't got any at all. . .

Aww Mups, that is so sad ..... keep the tears coming and a couple of the men on here may feel sorry for you and send you one. I’m surpried you didn’t receive one from a certain bird watcher
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aww Mups, that is so sad ..... keep the tears coming and a couple of the men on here may feel sorry for you and send you one. I’m surpried you didn’t receive one from a certain bird watcher
He loves her really but he would never put it in writing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top