Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:21 PM

New Members

I think we are very good at welcoming new members to OFF and we even post words of encouragement in the hope that they get stuck in. It makes me wonder then why we seem to lose a lot of them.
They seem lovely and friendly and enthusiastic and then promptly disappear in to the ether!

I remember I started on the games and quizzes threads mostly...and tentatively started to post in general chat and elsewhere.
Dongy and Tpin joined just after me I remember and they both jumped in headfirst, starting their own threads and being cheeky/flirty from the very beginning.

What made you stay after you joined here? How can we relay that enjoyment to newbies?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:26 PM

Re: New Members

It isn't always a good experience for everyone Rhian
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
That thought hadn't even entered my head
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:29 PM

That is a very difficult Question Rhain.
I had a rocky start, I suppose it was perseverance on my part.

There is no easy answer to the second question.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
This ^^^^^^^^
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:36 PM

I post here mainly because of the support and advice I get on the health board. That's why I stayed - it's the first place I'll go to in the morning.

The rest of the site is fun, too, I'm forever starting silly threads. If my need for knowledge is greater, I can usually ask a question and have someone with greater knowledge than me give me a good, sensible answer.

People are forever joining forums then not coming back - it's not just on here.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

31-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
There is no easy answer to the second question.
No you're right Sweetie or else everyone would stay wouldn't they?
I sometimes think it could be the time difference in other countries
Surfermom posts a lot but she has admitted that sometimes she feels like she's missed out on the times when posting and banter is in full swing and she's left to post afterthoughts
I feel like that due to work times some days so it must be even harder for our overseas members
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

31-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I post here mainly because of the support and advice I get on the health board. That's why I stayed - it's the first place I'll go to in the morning.

The rest of the site is fun, too, I'm forever starting silly threads. If my need for knowledge is greater, I can usually ask a question and have someone with greater knowledge than me give me a good, sensible answer.

People are forever joining forums then not coming back - it's not just on here.
Good points well made Ffosse
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
No you're right Sweetie or else everyone would stay wouldn't they?
I sometimes think it could be the time difference in other countries
Surfermom posts a lot but she has admitted that sometimes she feels like she's missed out on the times when posting and banter is in full swing and she's left to post afterthoughts
I feel like that due to work times some days so it must be even harder for our overseas members
That is very true Rhian. You have to be online at the time to join the banter. I must admit that I would not feel comfortable on a forum with time differences. I invented a stupid new word on the Good Night thread - Good Norning
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

31-05-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is very true Rhian. You have to be online at the time to join the banter. I must admit that I would not feel comfortable on a forum with time differences. I invented a stupid new word on the Good Night thread - Good Norning
Ha good one Sweetie!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top