Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Do you ever watch or buy from the shopping channels on TV?

I've noticed a few of these. A lot are craft so I have no idea if what they are selling is good value or not.

But I have noticed one selling watches which they just slap an English name on them and pretend they have some kind of heritage when in reality they have cheap Chinese movements.

It's not something I would normally watch; but last night I didn't sleep well and found myself watching TV at 3am.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Re: Do you ever watch or buy from the shopping channels on TV?

I don't I prefer to buy off Amazon, but my wife buys a hell of a lot off QVC
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:53 AM

I'm interested in their payment methods. Does your wife phone them up and pay with a card? Is that safe? Or does she buy from the channel's website?

I've noticed that many items are 3 easy payments, or 4. I suppose they credit check you before allowing you to buy this way.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Never in a million years would I waste my time watching a shopping channel, let alone buying anything from one.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Mrs Mart buys a lot of her craft tools and materials from the TV demonstration/shopping channels. 'Create and Craft' being the main one I think.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-05-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Never in a million years would I waste my time watching a shopping channel, let alone buying anything from.
I can relate to that - it's not the best TV.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:57 AM

I have never bought from the shopping channels.
But, I know someone that does. I personally think it can be addictive.
I will ask about the payment methods for you Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-05-2018, 11:59 AM

I just think it would be unsafe to give out a card number plus the cvc code to a stranger on the phone.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm interested in their payment methods. Does your wife phone them up and pay with a card? Is that safe? Or does she buy from the channel's website?

I've noticed that many items are 3 easy payments, or 4. I suppose they credit check you before allowing you to buy this way.
She buys from the channel's website Ffosse she sees it on TV and then orders online I don't know about the easy payments as she opts for the one payment option.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

31-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
She buys from the channel's website Ffosse she sees it on TV and then orders online I don't know about the easy payments as she opts for the one payment option.
I think the 3 easy payments are just to try and make the price more appealing.

Buying from the website is sensible. It's what I would do if there was anything I wanted to buy.

Before websites, they must have just used the phone. In fact, that reminds me of a Neil Young song, Piece Of Crap.

"Piece Of Crap"

Tried to save the trees
Bought a platsic bag
The bottom fell out
It was a piece of crap

Saw it on the tube
Bought it on the phone
Now you're home alone
It's a piece of crap

I tried to plug in it
I tried to turn it on
When I got it home
It was a piece of crap

Got it from a friend
On him you can depend
I found out in the end
It was a piece of crap

I'm trying to save the trees
I saw it on TV
They cut the forest down
To build a piece of crap

I went back to the store
They gave me four more
The guy told me at the door
It's a piece of crap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top