Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:02 PM

If you're inside a lot do you eat less?

It would stand to reason; less activity requires less fuel.

I ask as I've been more or less an invalid since this cancer started, unable to get out but for the shortest journeys and then extremely fatigued.

My weight is up and down - I try and eat less but find boredom is a factor and I'm mindlessly eating something or other when I'm not actually hungry.

Then there is the factor of being ill and not being hungry some days.

How do you manage your weight if you can't get out much?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:05 PM

Re: If you're inside a lot do you eat less?

I weigh the same as I did at 21. I only eat twice a day. I am not keen on food really. It tastes weird these days. I do sometimes struggle to keep weight on, but I suppose I am weird that way.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I weigh the same as I did at 21. I only eat twice a day. I am not keen on food really. It tastes weird these days. I do sometimes struggle to keep weight on, but I suppose I am weird that way.
I bet many people wish they could be like you. I'm aware of muscle groups that I'm not exercising, too but it's a vicious circle: If I can't get out...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I bet many people wish they could be like you. I'm aware of muscle groups that I'm not exercising, too but it's a vicious circle: If I can't get out...
I did leave a post on your thread in health Dreamy, about that,
I think you missed it.
Do they have therapy pools your way? That is lovely gentle exercise - Just another thought.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-05-2018, 08:26 PM

I responded to it - there must be therapy pools near me but I think that would mean joining a gym or something. And I can't get out (repeating myself again because it's on my mind).
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-05-2018, 08:33 PM

I responded to it - there must be therapy pools near me but I think that would mean joining a gym or something. And I can't get out (repeating myself again because it's on my mind).
We have therapy pools at the hospital. I posted on your thread about wheelchairs Dreamy. There are volunteers for people like you Dreamy. I do and have done volunteer work.
Even to have someone keep you company while you eat, it is nice to have company. Most especially if you are feeling low.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-05-2018, 08:37 PM

No, I would feel a fraud in a wheelchair; not a fraud in the sense that I don't have a killer illness but it would just feel wrong to me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

30-05-2018, 08:41 PM

No, I would feel a fraud in a wheelchair; not a fraud in the sense that I don't have a killer illness but it would just feel wrong to me.
Only to get you to places, and for when you tire Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

30-05-2018, 09:05 PM

I managed to get a Tesco slot for between 3 and 4 tomorrow. Just in time because I've run out of food. I find I'm spending more than when I could physically get to the store.

Lots of fruit - which can be expensive.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Apparently cabbage is the answer. Wasn't there a thread on here about the cabbage soup diet? It fills you up but is really healthy for you and helps you lose weight. yum yum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top