Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

09-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Anyone Got/Had A Beagle?

Hi,

I've just got a puppy Beagle dog and it's the first time I've had a dog for about 5 years and always had boxer dogs previously so this is a new one for me.

Has anyone got a Beagle or had one and care to share any tips in regards to the training, keeping them entertained and just general stuff?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Re: Anyone Got/Had A Beagle?

Not had one myself but one of Rocky's best friends was a Beagle:

I remember you had to watch your fingers when you gave him a treat - he used to be quite rough lol. Post pics of yours when you get two mins, and if you haven't already, pop over to www.Dogsey.com and ask for tips there
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

09-05-2011, 03:22 PM

aww! Yes she is quite rough and clumsy in play and when taking things like treats. She's called Ruby and I will upload pics of her shortly.

Thanks for pointing me to dogsey, I've not seen that site before, will have a look.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 06:56 PM

We've not had beagles steve but how different can they be? It would be great to see the little bundle, have you got any photos yet?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 09:01 PM

Hello Steve and welcome to the forum. Never owned a beagle, but a neighbour and walking friend of ours has a beagle bitch and she is beautiful and very good natured. They are truly hounds and once they get the smell of something interesting and their nose goes down on the trail they can be quite determined hunters, so you have to make sure they don't set off on their own.
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

10-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the replies. I've started letting her off the lead already and she is really good and stays close to me at all times but I have heard about their noses picking up a scent.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Not a beagle, but a rescue Hound from Greece who was a bit beagly. Stubborn, loving, dim, well-meaning and completely deaf when on a scent.
We managed it by keeping him on a line around game. He was fine offlead in the park or on the beach though.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 12:32 PM

She looks a beauty steve, enjoy......
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Steve, your little puppy beagle is adorable.
Azz, that's such a happy photo of Rocky, I haven't seen that one before.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 03:46 PM

She's adorable, Steve!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top