Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 01:02 PM

Advice

Anyone around?Id like some advice please,I want a mobile phone,easy to use, pay as you go, hearing aid/loss compatibility,Can anyone help ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Re: Advice

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Anyone around?Id like some advice please,I want a mobile phone,easy to use, pay as you go, hearing aid/loss compatibility,Can anyone help ?
Sorry deylon, I can't help with that but I am sure somebody will offer some advice.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 01:10 PM

This is the cheapest I could find. The volume can be increased.
I will keep looking for you.

https://shop.rnib.org.uk/accessible-...b6&fo_s=gplauk
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 03:15 PM

I quite like the Doro flip phone.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5039849
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I quite like the Doro flip phone.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5039849

Yes, we use the doro flip phone and we're very pleased with it.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 03:34 PM

Yes Dylon,

The new Nokia 3310, my Husband has one as he is not very Technical minded, its really easy to use, 1 button to make call, 1 button to end call.

You can buy it from ebay or Car Warehouse and quite cheap as well and it is Pay As You Go.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 04:00 PM

Have a look at DORO phones

I have a Doro 6250 phone, about £45 (I think) from Tesco
It's simple; has phone, text, camera, and just enough other features for an old technophobe like me to cope with

Most makers of phones, cameras, and so on now only give you the absolute minimum of instructions, you are expected to either magically know these things, or find them on your computer.
But a company called Printed-manual will print off & bind all the instructions for you for a reasonable fee
I think it was about £12 for my Doro, but again I can't remember exactly

I have had a Nokia phone in the past, and considered a simple one this time, but eventually settled on the Doro

WARNING - You say you want pay-as-you-go, and this indeed is the right choice if you are sure you are only going to be a light user

Mobile phone companies will moan like hell if you want to reduce a contract, and fight tooth and nail if you want to cancel it

I had a 4 month struggle with Vodaphone to cancel my contract, ending up with an argument in their shop
They have a dreadful reputation for customer service and faulty accounting, just search Google about it

My technical consultant ( my son) is happy enough to go to a dedicated mobile phone shop and swap jargon, but he recommended that I go to tesco
And yes, they were helpful, patient, and polite. Plus you get Tesco club points when you buy top-up in a Tesco
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 04:10 PM

I've just checked; the printed manual supplier is

www.smartphone-manual.com

They are also known as

www.oldtimercamers.com

as they started out reprinting manuals for obsolete cameras
They now do manuals for phones, tablets and various consumer goodies
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 06:43 PM

Mr Mags has a Doro pay as you go phone, I can't remember which one it is at the moment. He wanted an easy to use phone and this fits the bill for him.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2018, 06:46 PM

I have got a Doro 5030 it isn't a smart phone though but has been a good little phone....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=DORO+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top