Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:08 PM

Do you clean your computer?

Was in a chap's house and his laptop was filthy. Originally it was a grey Asus model but he had clearly never cleaned it. Nicotine stains, coffee stains, crumbs between the keys - it was disgusting.

I always polish mine with a little water and a soft cloth at least once or twice a month.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:27 PM

Re: Do you clean your computer?

I use baby wipes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:42 PM

Both of mine are cleaned regularly I have a battery operated mini 'Henry' vacuum that does a really good job on the keyboards.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Apparently landline phones (when people were still using them) were amongst the dirtiest items in houses.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:05 PM

I clean my after every use, especially if we both have colds, because of germs.

Even when I was working myself and my friend used to always clean our Computer and Desk every evening before going home.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:33 PM

Mobile update: Phones have more germs (including faecal matter) than a TOILET SEAT

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...le-phone-germs

MOBILE phones are festering in more germs than there are on the average toilet seat, scientists have discovered.

In fact, much of what was discovered on mobiles was fecal matter - one in six smartphones was found to to have traces of faecal matter in 2011 study carried out by the Researchers at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.

This complemented the work of microbiologist Charles Gerba, from the University of Arizona, who found mobile phones carry ten times the bacteria of most toilet seats. These bugs can cause nausea and stomach problems.

Experts said the reason this happens is that phones are often passed between people which spreads the germs around, but they are never cleaned which means the diseases keep on building up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Apparently landline phones (when people were still using them) were amongst the dirtiest items in houses.
I still use one - and it is cleaned regularly as well!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-05-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Mobile update: Phones have more germs (including faecal matter) than a TOILET SEAT

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...le-phone-germs

I am not even going to ask how one could have faeces on a cell phone - mine is cleaned regularly - and goes nowhere near a lavatory!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:09 PM

I open up my desktop often and blow out any dust inside as well as the vents in the casing. Dust can cause a computer to run too hot and cause it to slow down.

At the moment my CPU (central processing unit) is at 31.0c
Main board at 30.0c

How to find out
When starting a computer hold down the delete key which takes you into the computer BIOS Don't alter any settings unless you know what you are doing, just come out of it via the exit no change button
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 11:45 PM

I have a spray bottle of air that I use to vacuum the keyes. I use a soft cloth with rubbing alcohol for the computer, phone and other things. I also clean the door nobs periodically.

Good thread Ffosse...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top