Join for free
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:21 PM

Personal Messages are fun.

Do you enjoy private messaging. I think it is such a fun way to express yourself to someone without having the whole forum reading.

They can be a dangerous thing if used to hurt other people, but most times, they are used in a good and friendly way.

I got a beautiful message today from a friend. I tried to write back, but her box is full. You know who you are, and just so you know, I loved the message you sent to encourage me. Made my day.

I think it is a great idea that we have to be a member for three months before using the PM system. That prevents a lot of people from joining just to stir up some trouble. It can also be used for "head hunting" for other forums.

Do you enjoy private messaging?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Re: Personal Messages are fun.

No i think a lot of trouble can be started by their use.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
No i think a lot of trouble can be started by their use.
You are right about that Nom. If they are used to create a problem for someone, that is very nasty....but depending on the person, you can get a lovely private message, that just makes your day....and you can feel so good about it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:35 PM

I've never pm'd anyone but then again I don't think I have been here long enough.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-05-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've never pm'd anyone but then again I don't think I have been here long enough.
Oh Lion, I just noticed that. You have another month to go. I never realized you were a new person. I always thought by your posts that you had been here quite a while.....

Good posting Lion. I enjoy what you write....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Oh Lion, I just noticed that. You have another month to go. I never realized you were a new person. I always thought by your posts that you had been here quite a while.....

Good posting Lion. I enjoy what you write....
Thank Blue, looking back I did jump in pretty quickly, I bet members wondered "wow she doesn't mess about"

Glad you enjoy my posts. xx
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-05-2018, 08:03 PM

haha, you are right Lion, you are a little trooper, you are.
xxx

Gee, you never know what you are going to get in the Private Message box. I just got a lovely surprise, it is a recipe for pudding. I must try to make that one of these days.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

19-05-2018, 08:19 PM

The recipe that was sent to me right out of the blue, was a bacon and onion pudding recipe. I wonder if this is a common recipe in the UK. He said his mother used to make it. It really looks delicious, I am going to be sure to make it.

How kind of that man to put that in my private message box today. See, that is what I mean, the Personal Messages can be so much fun, when nice people like that write to you....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 08:47 PM

If anyone has a problem with a personal message they should forward it to Admin .
Thanks...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top