Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:18 AM

Neighbours parties

Up till Christmas last year my new neighbours were having fortnightly and weekly parties , a squaddie and his wife moved in and when he was home he would invite his squaddie mates round , not just an evening with mates but what sounded like a football match would go on until 4 and 5am . Banging , thumping , and one night a fight . We small older group of neighbours got together and wrote him a letter , we were surprised to receive an apology and a "sincere" promise it won't happen again . He's had a couple of nights since but they seemed to clear off into town around 10.30 pm . That is until last night , a football match went on until I could no longer stand it and at 2am for the 5th or 6th time when some were smoking outside under my bedroom window I completely lost it and screamed out the window telling them to shut up . It didn't make any difference as it went on until after 3am until there was banging of doors and some sort of silence , I guess till they collapsed . Of course I've been awake and am feeling dreadful , embarrassed to have screamed like a mad woman ( which I was ) and to have lost my temper . I'm sure my other attached neighbour was disturbed as we have all discussed it before . We are all over 60 and lived here in a lovely small community helping each other . I know it's been 5 months since the last party when a fight spilled into the garden but I don't think there is anything we can do , its mostly myself and the othe neighbour wHo are on the receiving end as we are attached .. Previously I did email the community police and they rang me and said they would have a word with him but when we received the apology letter we didn't take it further . When he's away she is quiet and no trouble , but I now dread him coming home praying he doesn't have yet another football match . The shouting and yelling and banging is awful as we are a row of 6 terraced houses . I've no doubt we other neighbours will speak again about last night's noise and maybe we will speak with the police . I am so annoyed I needed to vent so I have come on here to let off steam .

Thanks for listening
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:37 AM

Re: Neighbours parties

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Up till Christmas last year my new neighbours were having fortnightly and weekly parties , a squaddie and his wife moved in and when he was home he would invite his squaddie mates round , not just an evening with mates but what sounded like a football match would go on until 4 and 5am . Banging , thumping , and one night a fight . We small older group of neighbours got together and wrote him a letter , we were surprised to receive an apology and a "sincere" promise it won't happen again . He's had a couple of nights since but they seemed to clear off into town around 10.30 pm . That is until last night , a football match went on until I could no longer stand it and at 2am for the 5th or 6th time when some were smoking outside under my bedroom window I completely lost it and screamed out the window telling them to shut up . It didn't make any difference as it went on until after 3am until there was banging of doors and some sort of silence , I guess till they collapsed . Of course I've been awake and am feeling dreadful , embarrassed to have screamed like a mad woman ( which I was ) and to have lost my temper . I'm sure my other attached neighbour was disturbed as we have all discussed it before . We are all over 60 and lived here in a lovely small community helping each other . I know it's been 5 months since the last party when a fight spilled into the garden but I don't think there is anything we can do , its mostly myself and the othe neighbour wHo are on the receiving end as we are attached .. Previously I did email the community police and they rang me and said they would have a word with him but when we received the apology letter we didn't take it further . When he's away she is quiet and no trouble , but I now dread him coming home praying he doesn't have yet another football match . The shouting and yelling and banging is awful as we are a row of 6 terraced houses . I've no doubt we other neighbours will speak again about last night's noise and maybe we will speak with the police . I am so annoyed I needed to vent so I have come on here to let off steam .

Thanks for listening
I think you have every right to come on here and vent your frustration.
Thats appalling behaviour to have to put up with. Its antisocial.
I'm afraid its the sort of attitude of so many today that they just dont care about other people and their effect on others lives. Ive never had this sort of problem and dont know really what to suggest apart from contacting the police. Do the Environmental dept at the council deal with this sort of complaint?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 06:47 AM

Ok i will be honest here but if the last event was over five months ago and he was respectful when he realised the problems he had caused I think in all honesty I would have tried to ignore the noise on this occasion.

His mistake if was not informing you he was going to have a get together so it might be noisy. We are all entitled to be noisy now and again...thats acceptable so long as you let folks know.

I think.i would speak to him.and suggest he lets you know in future so you are not taken by surprise and that you hope that it won't happen too often.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 08:23 AM

I am so glad our neighbours seem civilised and we are rarely disturbed by noisy parties.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Hi summer I'm in agreement with you about we are all entitled to be noisy now and again but also be a bit considerate towards others but this bloke isn't . Prior to the letter we had people being sick in the garden ,fight , it was awful . Last night was bad and I don't believe they care . Men standing beneath my bedroom window farting and belching out loud i could hear with the window shut I often have friends around and we have great fun but are mindful of the neighbours .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=susan m;1419375]Up till Christmas last year my new neighbours were having fortnightly and weekly parties , a squaddie and his wife moved in and when he was home he would invite his squaddie mates round , not just an evening with mates but what sounded like a football match would go on until 4 and 5am . Banging , thumping , and one night a fight . We small older group of neighbours got together and wrote him a letter , we were surprised to receive an apology and a "sincere" promise it won't happen again . He's had a couple of nights since but they seemed to clear off into town around 10.30 pm . That is until last night , a football match went on until I could no longer stand it and at 2am for the 5th or 6th time when some were smoking outside under my bedroom window I completely lost it and screamed out the window telling them to shut up . It didn't make any difference as it went on until after 3am until there was banging of doors and some sort of silence , I guess till they collapsed . Of course I've been awake and am feeling dreadful , embarrassed to have screamed like a mad woman (
which I was ) and to have lost my temper . I'm sure my other attached
neighbour was disturbed as we have all discussed it before . We are all
over 60 and lived here in a lovely small community helping each other . I
know it's been 5 months since the last party when a fight spilled into the
garden but I don't think there is anything we can do , its mostly myself
and the othe neighbour wHo are on the receiving end as we are attached
.. Previously I did email the community police and they rang me and said
they would have a word with him but when we received the apology
letter we didn't take it further . When he's away she is quiet and no
trouble , but I now dread him coming home praying he doesn't have yet
another football match . The shouting and yelling and banging is awful
as we are a row of 6 terraced houses . I've no doubt we other neighbours
will speak again about last night's noise and maybe we will speak with
the police . I am so annoyed I needed to vent so I have come on here to
let off steam .

We all need to let off steam,..i have a similar problem, when i phoned the police,regarding this neighbour, they told me i have to take it up with the council, in the end i had to install cctv,they have since moved,but i now have disruptive neighbours, they kept parking in my car space,and also let their children run amuck,..i put a letter through their door,explaining how they are inconveniencing me,and mentioned i had cctv, (which can be used for evidence )..they have since,not parked in my space,..but look at the lengths we have to go to protect our homes,and in your case,"sanity"!.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:40 AM

II had some new neighbors in who often would come back an play music at a high level.

One day i had enough, so i turned my 100 watt Tannoy speakers against the dividing wall, put on a nice bit of heavy prog rock, cranked up the volume and went out.

Solved the problem
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Thanks for listening
A tip, advise him that if there is continued anti-social behaviour and after all other options been ignored that you will have no other recourse other than to contact his commanding officer and make a complaint about his behaviour.
The military do frown on anti social behaviour and I can assure the punishment he could receive will be far greater than any civilian punishment
You could also phone his RSM Regimental Sergeant Major, who will act immediately and speak to the soldier and advise him in no uncertain manner that his bad behaviour is to cease forthwith
Trust me I know what I am talking about, I have dealt with cases like this in the past, the military will be on your side
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 10:27 AM

You have a car parking space on your property that they parked in? That trespass surely?

Susan , I feel for you I really do. I can imagine how you just flipped and gave off, and I can imagine how embarrassed you feel about it today

In your shoes, if you feel strong enough later, what I would do is go around, and start with apologising for screaming and then go on to explain how you just got to the end of your tether and just exploded

Explain that you do understand that they like to party and have every right to party, but you also have the right to have a nights sleep. That you don't want to be the neighbour who does nothing but moan, at the same time you don't want them to be the neighbours who you hate

Suggest that when they party it stops at 1 am, and that they warn you in advance so that you can get the ear plugs in. Having an agreed noise stopping time allows you not to get so wound up, and makes them more mindful

We have two parties a year here, they go on till dawn usually but the music goes off outside at 1am Some of the neighbours come along but some are elderly and whilst pop in for a little while will want their beds by 11 so we are mindful of those, yet still we also want to have fun
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 11:29 AM

Susan, I do feel for you, noise at night would bother me too.
Have a read of this. They are not supposed to make loud noise outside after 11 pm.

Have a read:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nu...arning-notices

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top