Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Monday Monday

I love that song by the Mamas & Papas from years ago. Good morning my fellow forum friends. We got some late night news of Osama Bib Ladin's death last night on a news flash. You can run, but you can't hide.

We had a beautiful 70F day yesterday so now it's back to rain and 52F today. Nothing planned although my friend, Warren, has suggested a movie today. I'd like to see "I am number four" if we can. I'm presently reading the book about the dying members of a race being hunted down on Earth. I'm only 3 chapters into it and already love the plot.

Have a great day all! Hug someone today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 12:31 PM

Re: Monday Monday

Hello Bob and all who follow!

A lovely Bank Holiday Monday here, wall to wall sunshine.

We dropped our son off at the train station earlier after an enjoyable weekend with him. Did a bit of shopping on the way home.

Bob, the breaking news of Osama Bin Ladin's death has been running news on the BBC all morning here. It appears his son also died.

Thinking of Eileen today in her preparation for her operation tomorrow. My thoughts will be with you, Eileen ... hope everything goes well and you'll have a smooth recovery period. (((hugs))) xx

Have a good day all, I hope the sun is shining on you!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Hi everyone, looks like my Monday thread has disappeared into the ether somewhere!

Just pottering around today and avoiding the Bank Holiday traffic jams.

Thinking of you Eileen on your "nil by mouth" day, so I won't even mention what we've just had for lunch....

Have a good day all and hey, let's be careful out there....

Barry.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Hi people! Another bank holiday? You lucky folk seem to have many more than we do!! Cloudy again, still cooler than it should be at 15 C (59 F) Watered all the house plants, got the garbage, trash and recycling out as Chris will be looking after the house while I'm in hospital. Won't complain too much about no food, as it's horrible but there's no alternative .... gotta do it! Also, start taking the awful tasting gallon of bowel cleanser starting at noon. ugh. Or should I use my favorite "bah!"!?

Ben Laden finally got his!

Bob, what's the name of that book, sounds like the sort of thing I enjoy! Maybe if it's on the Kindle I can get it while in hospital!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi people! Another bank holiday? You lucky folk seem to have many more than we do!! Cloudy again, still cooler than it should be at 15 C (59 F) Watered all the house plants, got the garbage, trash and recycling out as Chris will be looking after the house while I'm in hospital. Won't complain too much about no food, as it's horrible but there's no alternative .... gotta do it! Also, start taking the awful tasting gallon of bowel cleanser starting at noon. ugh. Or should I use my favorite "bah!"!?

Ben Laden finally got his!

Bob, what's the name of that book, sounds like the sort of thing I enjoy! Maybe if it's on the Kindle I can get it while in hospital!
I am number 4
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Dont have that dreadful bowel empier as I am allergic to it. As you say it has to be done so GO Girl. Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 09:09 PM

Oh Annie, what a bad pun.... groan! Yes, I am GO-ING and going and going....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

02-05-2011, 09:28 PM

Thanks, Bob, it is available for Kindle, going to download it.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

02-05-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Thanks, Bob, it is available for Kindle, going to download it.
I know, I'm reading it on 3 different computers already. Kindle for PC, Kindle for MAC & my actual Kindle. It's a good book. I'm through 5 chapters in two days.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2011, 09:51 PM

Thoughts have been with you today Eileen, and will be with you tomorrow as well. Really hoping all goes well for you. Had to take that nasty stuff myself at one point, and all I can say is yuk!!!!!!!

Relaxing day again...walking, household jobs, bit of gardening again after dinner, then walking again with my friend.

According to local news, it would seem they are getting control of the moors fire, but Fire Fighters will be there for at least a few more days. Thankfully, the strong winds have dropped this evening, which will be a great help to them......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top