Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Tourism Safety

Hi

It is my view that when you travel abroad you are responsible for your own safety.

There is plenty of travel advice on the Foreign Office web site.

If you ignore it it must be at your own risk.

We have two UK Tourists kidnapped in the Congo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44086214

My view is tough, they ignored the advice.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: Tourism Safety

Aye, bollocks to them. They knew the risks. The same with those who choose to go hill/mountain climbing without the proper equipment and expect to be rescued when things go wrong.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2018, 07:47 PM

Why do some people choose to take such risks, it's madness. Ignore warnings at your own peril.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:04 PM

Talking of ignoring basic safety, and being irresponsible, I have just been reading this morning of a woman clutching a baby, who got out of her vehicle in a Safari Park in Holland - to see the nice Cheethas who were laying sunbathing!!

These animals can run at 60 mph, how the hell did she think her and a baby could out run that? Did she want to see these cats shot for attacking her or the child?
Would she expect Rangers to put their lives at risk to rescue her?

The big cats woke up and started pacing towards her, she only just made it back to her car.

How thick, selfish and thoroughly irresponsible idiots like this are.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is my view that when you travel abroad you are responsible for your own safety.

There is plenty of travel advice on the Foreign Office web site.

If you ignore it it must be at your own risk.

We have two UK Tourists kidnapped in the Congo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44086214

My view is tough, they ignored the advice.
Why are some people so STUPID?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Talking of ignoring basic safety, and being irresponsible, I have just been reading this morning of a woman clutching a baby, who got out of her vehicle in a Safari Park in Holland - to see the nice Cheethas who were laying sunbathing!!

These animals can run at 60 mph, how the hell did she think her and a baby could out run that? Did she want to see these cats shot for attacking her or the child?
Would she expect Rangers to put their lives at risk to rescue her?

The big cats woke up and started pacing towards her, she only just made it back to her car.

How thick, selfish and thoroughly irresponsible idiots like this are.
Video on the Daily Mail, pure stupidity.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 01:26 PM

Twits!!!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top