Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 03:35 PM

Objects you wish you had kept

Do any posters regret not keeping something which has been disposed of?

My biggest regret is we no longer have the pieces of plane wreckage my sisters and I retrieved when we were kids, after a plane crashed in one of our father's fields. We kept them in our toy cupboard for a few years but our mother got rid of them without asking us first.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 03:54 PM

Re: Objects you wish you had kept

Lately, l have been regretting getting rid of my garden roller. I could do with it at the moment!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:04 PM

i cant think of a thing I regret getting rid of. Every so often I have a mega clear out and loads of stuff goes to charity or car boot. I used to collect lots of stuff but have gradually been getting rid of it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:06 PM

I wish I had kept my Autograph Album which I stared in my teenage years. My friend and I used to go to all the shows at the Hippodrome, then afterwards we would queue up at the stage door waiting for the star of the show to come and sign our books.

We had many of the well know stars from years ago, unfortunately some are no longer with us .... people like Lita Rosa, David Whitfield, Frankie Vaughan and many others.

My daughter has followed my footsteps and has her own autograph book now. The autograph she treasures the most is that of General Norman Schwarzkopf (Stormin' Norman ). I wrote away for it for her after the Gulf War and not expecting a reply ..... only knowing he lived in Tampa, Florida. I was quite amazed a few weeks later when a large envelope arrived with a big photo of "Stormin' Norman, personally signed to my daughter, plus a lovely letter from him.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:08 PM

too many to mention from childhood
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:13 PM

One of my maternal grandmother's Bibles, the only thing I had of hers, was mistakenly given away. That still bothers me from time to time.

I wish I had my old cap guns from childhood. They were heavy, well-crafted and so, so much fun.

Funny how times change. Kids aren't allowed to play with guns that look like they might be real, and some people probably think I should be in counseling for thinking they were so great.

And now I am wondering what happened to the gyroscope my dad brought back from one of his navy tours. Super cool....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:14 PM

My great great great Aunts mangle, it was too heavy to lift and put in the car.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:18 PM

I remember being given an old stamp album from my great grandmother when I was about 6 , it got played with then lost . Bet it would be worth a fortune now .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:27 PM

My vinyl record collection, albums and singles. I had to sell them very quickly and at little cost to make some space.
Luckily I have nearly all my old recordings on MP3 now but it isn't the same.
If I ever become rich (lol!) and have the time I want to get the whole of my Top 1000 albums on vinyl. Fat chance of that though.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2018, 04:38 PM

I wish I had kept my clarinet and F-hole guitar.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top