Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 10:23 AM

Local crime

Have a look at these three crime comitted not far from me.
I think they are all quite bizaare.

Theft from motor vehicle - High St Raunds - Unknown offender/s have taken the front bonnet and headlights from vehicle. Occurred overnight between 04/05/18 20:00hrs and 05/05/18 07:00hrs.

Theft from motor vehicle - Layby A45 near Stanwick Lakes - When owner of vehicle awakes, finds that the petrol cap has been forced open and 300 litres of diesel has been stolen. Occurred between 05/05/18 23:00hrs and 06/05/18 02:45hrs.

Criminal Damage - Windmill Lane Raunds - Unknown offender/s have removed a 2 foot length of concrete from driveway. Occurred between 03/05/18 20:00hrs and 04/05/18 07:00hrs.

Do you get much crime where you are?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:15 AM

Re: Local crime

Hi

I don't find the second one strange at all Mups, diesel thefts happen all the time, easy money, especially from HGVs parked in laybys whilst the driver is asleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't find the second one strange at all Mups,
diesel thefts happen all the time, easy money, especially from HGVs parked in laybys whilst the driver is asleep.

Really? The nerve of someone pinching fuel while the driver is still in the cab! Gosh, that's awful Swim.
Serves 'em right if he woke up and punched 'em on the nose!

The others were strange I thought, fancy taking a car bonnet and lights, especially when it is parked in the high street!

The concrete, I wonder if they broke his driveway up, or it was something like a kerbstone loose?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:28 AM

The crime where I live I very high something happens on a daily basis . we.ve had stabbings and shootings. There is a terrible amount of car crime, they are stealing number plates lately! Wouldn't dare leave my doors open round here anymore. The times these days are horrible. I can't wait to retire we are moving away to somewhere quiet. I hate to wish my time away but I really can't wait to retire.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 12:41 PM

Crime is on the increase all over the country, not only in Londonistan.

We have regular reports of burglary and vandalism on our local Facebook pages.

It is hardly surprising, of course. The reduction of police numbers, the banning of stop and search, lenient courts.

Crime is being actively encouraged these days, and I cannot see any improvements on the horizon. We shall have to get used to it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 01:50 PM

Live anywhere long enough and you'll inevitably get some crime I suppose.

1) A new born baby was dumped in the field across the road.

2) A police raid around the corner in a block of flats surprised me once ... I was trotting down the road lugging my shopping bags, dreaming of putting the kettle on when I got in, as you do .... and a horde of hunky chaps wearing flak jackets suddenly burst out of the back of a white transit van parked in the road and fled past me. One even nodded a polite 'hello' at me. I admit I walked straighter and swung my hips in case they were filming a scene for 'The Professionals' or 'The Bill' or some such daring-do crime fighter. Something to do with drugs apparently.

3) Police knocked on doors and told us we might have to be evacuated when the man three doors down barricaded himself in his garage, after first turning on all the gas in his house and locking it up. Don't ask me why he barricaded himself in the garage with a lighter.
A dramatic suicide bid with panache.They had to sweet talk him out .. with the road closed off and full of fire engines.

It's lovely where I live.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 02:08 PM

Hi

There is crime everywhere.

My local village.

https://www.police.uk/west-mercia/PAF16/crime/

Violence and sexual crime for some reason are reported under the same heading.

The violence normally follows the burglary and thefts.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Theft of the bonnet and headlights sounds to me as though someone has an identical car that has been crashed and they’ve stolen the parts as they can’t afford to get it done through the insurance, or source the parts elsewhere,so they’ve gone for the cheaper option.. or they have been stolen to order, quite a common theft
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Very little crime here. Almost no homr burglaries or thefts that I can recall. Most crime seems to be associated with teenagers - a rare vandalism situation, minor drug possession. The most worrisome problem we have overall are people driving intoxicated.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 03:28 PM

We appear to live in a relatively low crime area, but one should always be vigilant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top