Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:44 PM

If You Buy Something, Does It Have To Be At The Right Price?

Not because l am tight but l don’t have the money l had seven years ago.
These days, l will only purchase something at the right price. If l am desperate for it, then maybe, l will pay whatever!

What about you? Does something have to be at the right price for you to buy it?
Or, don’t you care and buy it, whatever it costs?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: If You Buy Something, Does It Have To Be At The Right Price?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
These days, l will only purchase something at the right price. If l am desperate for it, then maybe, l will pay whatever!

Hi Art...It would depend upon how much I wanted it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:13 PM

Not necessarily but I am more and more shocked by prices. I saw a nice belt in a shop on Saturday and thought I might buy it but it was £75. How can a belt be worth £75?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:20 PM

I am sometimes a little reckless with money but not all the time.
I do enjoy finding a bargain if I can and like to think Ive got value for money when I do buy something.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Confession time.
I have a sweet tooth, probably why I am diabetic now.
In about 1990 my wife was visiting her brother in Poland & I was left to my own devices.
My car was off the road & I fancied a large trifle from Tesco so I bit the bullet and called a taxi. the driver waited outside the store and then drove me back home.
From memory, that trifle cost me £10.

I wouldnt do it again though, I'd go to LIDL
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Confession time.
I have a sweet tooth, probably why I am diabetic now.
In about 1990 my wife was visiting her brother in Poland & I was left to my own devices.
My car was off the road & I fancied a large trifle from Tesco so I bit the bullet and called a taxi. the driver waited outside the store and then drove me back home.
From memory, that trifle cost me £10.

I wouldnt do it again though, I'd go to LIDL
... Robert.

Actually, Robert, l thought of you in Waitrose today!

I remembered you had mentioned in a thread, how nice Waitrose’s Claret was. I did ask an assistant about it but he didn’t know anything about it!

I had a good look for it and found it but it was at its normal price and l felt the wine, l eventually purchased was good value.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Ninety percent of the time when I buy something it has to be the right price for me. If it is a large item, then even more so. I like a bargain, but it has to be the right bargain. I often spend so much time deciding if it is a good buy or not that by the time I decide it is and go to buy it - it has gone.

But not always -
We have just bought a new sofa and chair and my OH said what do you think we should pay for it? It was in the clearance section of a large furniture shop and was priced at £2,750 which was with 20% already taken off the original price. I said I want the two pieces at about £1500. When the salesman came I asked him what the best price was and he knocked the chair and sofa down to £1495. We took them and also got it on 12 months interest free credit. Bargain. We went and bought another complimenting armchair with £100 off it. Not such a bargain but it compliments the sofa and chair perfectly, so I am well satisfied.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:38 PM

With the exception of food I tend to only buy things I really need and will search for the best price and buy it.

I don't buy on impulse
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Art, if I see something on sale at a good price, I usually stock up. I buy enough to last me quite a few months, then it is usually on sale again......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Ninety percent of the time when I buy something it has to be the right price for me. If it is a large item, then even more so. I like a bargain, but it has to be the right bargain. I often spend so much time deciding if it is a good buy or not that by the time I decide it is and go to buy it - it has gone.

But not always -
We have just bought a new sofa and chair and my OH said what do you think we should pay for it? It was in the clearance section of a large furniture shop and was priced at £2,750 which was with 20% already taken off the original price. I said I want the two pieces at about £1500. When the salesman came I asked him what the best price was and he knocked the chair and sofa down to £1495. We took them and also got it on 12 months interest free credit. Bargain. We went and bought another complimenting armchair with £100 off it. Not such a bargain but it compliments the sofa and chair perfectly, so I am well satisfied.
Aerolor, Well done! More to spend on something else!!

I recently got £5000 knocked off a new car my daughter wanted to buy.
The sales manager at the dealership said, the only reason he gave into me, was because l reminded him of his mother... a Police Inspector!

I’m not sure, if that was a compliment or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top