Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 12:18 PM

Job Opening - Bullet Catcher

I heard on the news this morning that arrangements are being made to include a "bullet catcher" in the carraige with the royal couple at their wedding. Requirements include throwing yourself over the prince should gunfire begin.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Re: Job Opening - Bullet Catcher

I'm not volunteering for that job, but as an ardent 'Republican' I wouldn't mind firing a few bullets.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Is that a permanent position Bob?.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Lol, I think it's only for the wedding happening.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

03-05-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I heard on the news this morning that arrangements are being made to include a "bullet catcher" in the carraige with the royal couple at their wedding. Requirements include throwing yourself over the prince should gunfire begin.

ALL " close protection security personnel " are trained to " take the hit " ........... It`s part and parcel of the job and what they sign up for !
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2011, 03:04 PM

I knew a Gentleman from the Royal Family personal protection team, He retired some time ago.

He was assigned to Diana and the boys. So you know it was a while ago, he was not looking after Diana at the time of the accident.

Our first meeting was at a party, he was with his Family and a most pleasant Gentleman and lovely family you would ever like to meet.

He was/is Gentle, Caring with a correct manner, holding chairs out for Ladies to sit at the Dinning table, sort of thing.

He was /is well dressed, suit if need be casual if required not one of these hunk type body builders but you new he was no pushover again he never appeared threatening in any way.

I know that without a second thought that while on duty he would have thrown himself over his people.

He would have taken every course of action to his body not being damaged like wearing a Kevlar lined suit or the like.

Adrian.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top