Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 03:39 AM

Any plans for the bank holiday weekend?

I guess most of you are retired so it's just another weekend, but to some of us who still have to work to pay your state pensions, it's a glorious holiday even if we do nothing at all?

Are you going anywhere special this weekend?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 03:57 AM

Re: Any plans for the bank holiday weekend?

It's a holiday?

Not one here, I'm afraid. It is the end of the university term so the most important people in my life are studying like mad. Once that is over with, though, we have booked a week in a tropical locale. It's been forever since we did something like this, so I'm really looking forward to it.

For now it's work, cleaning, painting, cleaning, editing, cleaning, running, cleaning, surfing, cleaning....and cleaning.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 04:02 AM

Aw sorry Surfermom, I'm rubbing salt in the wounds. Different country, different holiday I guess.
You can get me back on the 4th July, Thamksgiving or on Martin Luther King day!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 04:27 AM

Actually, it's my dad's birthday, so it's very sporting of you all to make a holiday of it. He will be 85 .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-05-2018, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Actually, it's my dad's birthday, so it's very sporting of you all to make a holiday of it. He will be 85 .
Whayheyyyy! Happy birthday Pops Surfermom
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

03-05-2018, 04:42 AM

Thank you, Floydy. I won life's lottery when it comes to dads.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 06:00 AM

Haven't decided what to do with the week-end yet - I have a new Craft Machine on order so, if it arrives in time, I may be learning how to use it.
One thing is for certain - I will not out in a car!!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I guess most of you are retired so it's just another weekend, but to some of us who still have to work to pay your state pensions, it's a glorious holiday even if we do nothing at all?

Are you going anywhere special this weekend?
If its a nice day i'll spend it in the garden or fishing enjoying myself, oh and thinking about all the folk working to pay my pension like I did for them before I retired...
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 07:10 AM

Don't know yet, might be decorating.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2018, 07:16 AM

I will be out somewhere testing some new camera gear ive got, maybe off to a secret location with my marra in the hope of some Red Squirrel band a nice set of mixed birds.
Its well away from the coast where all the hoards of lazy workers descend when they should be at graft so us pensioners dont have to struggle.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top